Chapter 18

Lavanya sat admiring the way Dhruv barked orders at the doctors he knew. He was in talks right from the receptionist of the hospital till the chief doctor.

She spoke after he cut the call. 'Dhruv, there is no need to create such hype. I am sure its just small injury'.

'Yeah right. Just look at the swelling there Lavanya. I am sure it is a fracture', Dhruv said concerned.

Lavanya just rolled her eyes at him.

'By the way, what were you doing there?' She asked as she wondered how he appeared there miraculously.

'I was on my way to my friend's place, when I saw you fighting. I must tell you, you really possess some serious guts!' He praised.

'I know! The nerve of that man!' She cursed.

'But you should be careful. How could you pick up a fight randomly? That too for some unknown person?' Dhruv chided.

'So you mean I should have let that poor girl in their mercy? No way!' She scoffed.

'You should have called the police before you intervened', Dhruv advised. 'But no! You directly pounced upon them as Jhansi ki rani!'

'Jhansi ki rani?' Lavanya laughed at his comparison.

Dhruv laughed along with her, the air among them no more awkward and their regular fights forgotten.

They saw a new face of each other that day and they knew, they were not meant to fight, but to strengthen the bond they share.

'I am sorry I kept fighting with you', Dhruv apologised first taking Lavanya by surprise.

'Its okay and I am sorry too', she gave a soft smile.

'So friends?' Dhruv forwarded his hand, which Lavanya enthusiastically tried to hold, but winced in pain, as she had forgotten about the injury.

'Lets get you treated first. I am very sure it is something major!' Dhruv steeled his expressions and drove towards the hospital.

*******************

City Hospital, New Delhi

'Well, my dear, you have got a fracture and it needs to be plastered for two weeks atleast!' Dr. Anirudh Chopra, Raizada's family doctor informed them.

'I knew it!' Dhruv sighed, mentally cursing those rogues. 'Is there anything to worry uncle?'

'No Dhruv. She is absolutely fine otherwise. But I request you not to indulge in such fights anymore', the doctor seriously told Lavanya to which she nodded.

'Now young man, hold her hand tight for me, while I plaster it'. Dhruv obliged his commands, his gaze not leaving her hand, taking utmost care not to hurt her.

Lavanya flinched but Dhruv managed to soothe her down, while the doctor successfully plastered her wound.

'I shall prescribe some analgesics to alleviate the pain and you will be fine, if you give complete rest to your hand', the doctor smiled at Lavanya.

'You just tell me what needs to be done uncle, I will make sure it is taken care of', Dhruv chipped in.

'Okay', the doctor laughed at the overly concerned person. 'If I may ask, how is she related to you?'

'She is my Bhabhi's sister'.

'Oh yeah Arnav got married. I was out of station that I could not attend his wedding. So how is your Dadi doing? I know, he married suddenly just for her. I could not believe myself when I saw her reports, she was like my mother. But its destiny, god decides to call the good souls back soon', he spoke everything as a monologue that he missed to see two shocked faces.