Chapter 28

Khushi and Arnav had maintained their distances from each other, except when Khushi checked his sugar levels, and neither of the two did initiate a conversation regarding whatever happened, which instilled a fear in Khushi. Was Arnav really uncomfortable? Was Naina wrong? Wasn't he in love too? If he was, then why was he hesitant? Several questions rang in her mind, and her quest for answers, resulted in emanating the fear of doom in her relationship.

AR Fashions:

It had been an hour since Arnav reached his office, and his mind could not stop replaying the same intimate moment. He was enchanted, bewitched by her spell, that had the power to attract him towards her, shattering his resolve. A lot of conflicting thoughts invaded his brain, but the solemn look of Khushi, when he stayed aloof from her, predominated. His heart unusually clenched at the remembrance of the sight, as it wished to wipe away the gloom and fill it with exuberance.

'Arnav!' Aman came in, bringing him out of his reverie. 'The meeting is about to start in twenty minutes. If you give me the file, I shall go through!'

Acknowledging, Arnav nodded and searched for the requested file only to sigh in disappointment. 'I guess I forgot it at home', he murmured. 'I will go get it'.

'No need. It will be late by the time you return', Aman interrupted. 'Khushi is at home, isn't she?' Aman enquired and upon receiving a nod from Arnav, he said, 'Good! Please ask her to drop it here'. Aman left the room to arrange the other necessities, leaving a confused Arnav behind. He was unsure but he had no choice either. Aman was right. It would be practically impossible to travel to and fro.

*******************

Khushi entered AR with the blue file that Arnav required, only to meet with Dhruv at the reception.

'Welcome Bhabhi! Couldn't stay apart from Bhai, haan?' He pulled her leg, to see a blush crawling upon her face.

She forwarded the file and replied, her attempts at controlling her shyness failing miserably, 'Your brother needed this. Where is he?'

Dhruv gazed at the object in her hand and shrugged, 'Must be in his cabin'.

When Khushi was about to march forward, he said, 'Bhabhi, I am actually done for the day. I will be waiting near the car. Meet with Bhai, and come back soon, if possible!' He winked at her and left, leaving her flushed completely.

As Khushi was about to take another step towards Arnav's cabin, the man himself came descending down the stairs, hurriedly, along with Aman, barking orders at his secretary to cancel the meetings for the day. There was tension palpable in his voice, which Khushi did not miss to notice. Aman, who followed him, was equally serious, which alarmed her.

'What happened?' She questioned, with worry lacing her tone, to a perplexed Arnav and Aman.

'I will be waiting', Aman told Arnav, and walked out, leaving the two. He knew, Khushi owed an explanation.

'We are leaving to Agra, Khushi. Have an important meet. I will be home late', Arnav explained hurriedly, and marched off, after patting her cheeks slightly.

'Arnav!' She called out from behind but he was out of her vision already.

She rushed, in a hope to extract her answers, towards the parking, only to see Arnav's car speeding out with Aman beside him.

'Bhabhi?' Dhruv reached her, huffing, his face mirroring the tension of hers, as the duo wondered about the sudden disappearance of Arnav.

'Where have they gone?' He queried.