Chapter 13

Shantivan

It was past 2 o clock in the night when Arnav entered inside his room, tired of all the happenings. But the adventure he did with Khushi made a soft smile curve up on his lips. The feelings and emotions he felt today were very foreign to him.

Her scared form pricked him. His heart beat faster when he was close to her while securing her seatbelt. The thought of losing her created a fear in him. She taking a stand for herself made him proud. He could not decipher what it meant. But Arnav Singh Raizada realised that the journey hereon was not going to be normal. This girl would make sure to expose him to all the other emotions too! And surprisingly, he was looking forward to live with her! To unravel her various shades.

In his thoughts about his fiance, he missed to notice a particular figure waiting for him in his room.

'Bhai!' Dhruv rose up as soon as he saw Arnav entering.

'Dhruv?' Arnav was confused as to what brought his brother here at this time of the day.

'Bhai! Where have you been?' Dhruv questioned crossing his arms to his chest.

'Work Dhruv', Arnav tried his best to not to look into his eyes as he was uttering a blatant lie. And he did not like this.

'Yeah right. About which even your PA is ignorant about', Dhruv scoffed.

'Bhai! Let the truth out!' Dhruv asked sternly.

'Its nothing Dhruv! A client of ours wanted to meet me urgently as he was leaving to abroad tomorrow. I had to go because he was an old man and had his flight early in the morning', Arnav tried to lie convincingly.

'Bhai you know I catch your lies!' Dhruv remarked.

'You can confirm with Aman!' Arnav said.

'Fine! If you really want to hide it, then go ahead. The truth shall be out one day or the other.'

Dhruv dismissed very well knowing that Arnav wont reveal anything.

Before stepping out of the room, Dhruv asked a question to Arnav that had been pricking him since the time he arrived. 'Bhai, do you know where Shyam bhai is?'

A simple question but a complicated answer to Arnav. Shyam Singh Raizada! His elder brother! A lone tear made its way down the cheek of the great ASR!

Arnav bowed down his face in guilt and helplessness and nodded a silent no to his brother! Wish he could tell him the truth!

'Bhai! Why dont we search for them?' Dhruv neared Arnav.

'You think I did not do it? Of course I did! But in vain!' Arnav slumped his shoulders.

'Bhai, we need to search for them till we find them! We just cant stop the search!'

'No use Dhruv! I tried every possible way', Arnav felt miserable to not let Dhruv know the entire truth. He wanted to protect his brother from the cruelties of humans.

'Bhai, it had been six months since I spoke to him! I know Dadi has problems with their marriage. Whatever happened in the house should not have happened! But cant we convince Dadi now? Please Bhai!' Dhruv tried his best to provoke Arnav to search for his elder brother's family.

'It had been six months since I lost my brother', Arnav said warily.

'They are not difficult to hunt for the great ASR', Dhruv reminded.

'But ASR too has failures Dhruv!' Arnav chuckled sarcastically.

'No!' He yelled. 'I wont agree to this! I dont know what you would do! But I am going to hire a new team to search for them!'