1

Mark Sloan hated women.

Something like this would have caused a massive laugh between those who knew him, but today, after 3 years, it was true and everybody knew it. The only female who was still in his graces was the four year old girl. His little girl.

What had caused him the disinclination to welcome love into his life you might ask? Natasha was her name. She was the first woman who made Mark Sloan, the notorious womanizer settle down to one woman. They never got married, but they lived together for two years. After just one year, Alicia showed up in their life taking everyone by surprise. Neither of them thought about having a baby and nobody would have believed that they would agree to carry on with the pregnancy.

On the morning of the 5th, after 12 hours of labor, Alicia showed the world her loud cry. Everyone could see a side of Mark that they thought they would never see.

One year later, 2 months after Alicia's first birthday, something changed. Natasha, the beautiful blonde Russian woman showed her real side. She was tall, slim, with those typical Russian features on her face: white skin, red cheeks, natural sun kissed hair, her blue eyes. She was always cheerful, making jokes, mostly naughty jokes, and she seemed to love Mark profoundly. Her magic faded away when one day, she walked into Mark's office. She wasn't smiling anymore and a shade of guilt could be seen in her eyes.

"I got this role in a movie... I have to move in California" She stated. She had the guts to look straight into his eyes after he had greeted her with a loving kiss and just like that she gave him the news. "You can't come" She cut him off when he was about to say something. "Stay here and take care of Alicia." She didn't say anymore and he was too shocked to talk. She simply turned around and walked out. She walked out of his office, and out of his and his daughter's life. Just like that. Since then he had never heard anything from or about her.

Thunder could be seen their window and the little girl woke. "Daddy?" She called his name sleepily.

"I am here sweetie." Mark stood up and took the girl in his arms. She nestled on his chest and closed her eyes. "Can't we go back to grandma?"

Oh yes, Mrs. Sloan was also one of the women he let stay in his life. She had helped him a lot with Alicia in these last years. She was Alicia's only female figure; she and her older friends. In these last three years, Alicia spent a lot of her free time with her father and his friends. Her best friend? Her best friend was not one of the girls she was playing with at kindergarten or in park. Her best friend was Derek Shepherd, her father's best friend and the person who spoilt her the most.

"We can't go back there sweetie!" Mark tried to soothe her sadness. They had been in Seattle for three days now and the girl was missing her old life already.

"I don't like the rain." She whined as she looked up at him with sad eyes. She was the living picture of her mother. Her hair, her big blue eyes; but she had the same sad eyes as his.

"I don't like it either."

"Then let's get back into that big plane and fly back to grandma." The girl stood up and kneeled beside him. Her daddy would do anything for her if she asked him nicely. "Please daddy!"

Just that this time, Mark shook from his head. "Why?" She couldn't understand how daddy could say no to her after she had asked him so nicely.

"Your daddy has a new job here in Seattle. It will be fun, you'll see. They have big ferryboats. You enjoyed the ride today."

"There are ferryboats at grandma's too" She started to pout. Manhattan, their hometown, was grandma for the little girl.

What he hated the most was to see his girl sad. It was a big change for them, especially for her, but this new job at one of the biggest hospitals in Washington might have been the best thing for his career as Plastic surgeon and for their family life. "These are bigger and here you can see more than in Manhattan. Don't be sad" Mark pulled her into his arms and laid her down beside him. Her long hair was hiding her sweet face. He brushed away the hair and pinched her cheek. He knew how much that would cheer her up.

Alicia giggled and hided her face in her pillow starting like this a play with her father. Mark tickled her back neck for a while, but he soon picked the girl up and turned her face up to ceiling as he shifted her on his arms. Alicia was tossing her arms and legs laughing hysterical at their play. Mark brought her up and dropped kisses all over her face. "Now get back to sleep, because it's late."

"I don't like the noises." Alicia stopped from laughing at her father's advice and sighed as she declared that.

Mark turned around and turned on the radio on one of the local radio station.

"you can tell by the way
she walks that she's my girl
you can tell by the way she talks she rules the world
you can see in her eyes that no one is her chi
she's my girl, my supergirl"

"Grandma will come and stay with us soon, so try and go back to sleep, ok?" Mark spooned her little body against his and drew the covers up over them. "We will have tons of fun here, you will see." He whispered before he dropped a kiss on her cheek.

"Do you promise?" She asked him hopefully. She didn't turn her face to him, because she knew she could trust in her daddy's promises.

"I promise you, angel!" He ran his hand up and down her body's side. He wasn't sure of that, but once that he promised something to his little angel he knew he had to do his best and keep his promise. Deep down, something was telling him that he would be able to keep his promise. "Sleep well, angel."

"Night daddy! I love you!" She stated sleepily.

Mark smiled and fell more in love with his daughter than he already was, if that was possible. He shifted his body a little to stand up and kiss her cheek again. Sleep had taken her back to her nice and peaceful dreams. "I love you too!"

He laid back down and buried his face into her hair to breathe in her smell. He was proud of his girl. She was a strong girl, always happy and looking normal despite the abandonment she suffered. "I love you, angel!" he whispered again as he closed his eyes.

"then she'd shout down the line tell me she's got no more time
cause she's a supergirl and supergirls don't hide
then she'd scream in my face, tell me to leave, leave this place
cause she's a supergirl and supergirls just fly"