9

Y/N's POV:
Y/n dragged her luggage to the entrance of her house. She dug through a carry on bag, searching for her keys.

She could always use her psychic abilities to get in but her mother thought that was "rude."

Being in no particular mood to fight, she dug through her bag full of some souvenirs and other items to search for the metal key.

Before she could take them out, the door opened. Y/n looked up from her bag and smiled.

"Kaito! Hi! When did you-"

"I'm sorry," the boy sniffed, "I tried to stop her."

Y/n froze. She dropped her luggage and ran inside the house. Not even bothering to take her shoes off, she ran up the stairs and to her room.

Her eyes widened. Her door had been removed, revealing her now messy room with her mother inside.

"What did you do!?"

"I went through your things. You're hiding something from me Y/n," her mother said sternly.

"That doesn't give you a right to go through my stuff!"

Y/n stormed into the room, picking up items she had taken down, "mom...how could you."

She pointed at her head, "what are those?"

Y/n looked to her teary eyed, my power repressors.

"Hair clips..." she answered, "are you going to ban me from wearing them?"

"What is with you? I'm not a lunatic."

"You took my fucking door!!"

It was quiet for a moment. No one had anything to say.

Y/n wiped away a tear, "mom do you like me?" she whispered.

"...of course I love you."

"But do you...like me."

Silence again. Her mother slowly began walking up to her. She lifted her daughter's head and kissed her forehead.

"It's late," she whispered, "sleep it off. We'll talk about this in the morning."

She patted her head and exited the room. Y/n stood there for a few moments before she began to pick her stuff up again.

Of course she avoided the question. What's the point of making her try to like me.

"Y/n?"

She turned to the entrance of her room. Kaito was grabbing onto the door frame and hiding his face.

"Hey Kaito," she whispered.

"Do...do you need help?"

She smiled, "from you? Always."

~Timeskip~
"Gooooood morning, Y/n!" Hairo said walking into class.

"What's so great about it?" Y/n sighed.

"Having a rough morning, huh?

"I guess you could say that," she said placing her face gently onto her desk.

She closed her eyes for a moment before a thud caused her to open them again.

She looked up to see Saiko towering over her, "what did you mean when you said I was "too obvious", he questioned.

"You're still on that?" She said lifting her head from the table.

"Yes. Is it a good thing or a bad thing? Either way I don't care."