17

Saiki's POV:
The group returned to their homes late at night. The next day would be the start of a new school year and everyone was excited to be on their last year of high school.

Saiki insisted on walking Y/n home and came to regret the decision when a certain someone answered the door.

"You should be ashamed of yourself," Y/n's mom spat as she pulled her daughter into her house.

He didn't expect Y/n to have told her mother what happened on the mountain so soon. Then again she almost died so it was understandable.

"Mom, pl-"

"I thought I could trust you," she said with a glare, "Instead you hurt my daughter more than you've helped her."

Saiki nodded to the ground. He knew what had happened was his fault. He knew that he shouldn't have asked Y/n to remove one of her antennas. There was nothing he could say that would make his situation any better.

Her mother continued to bicker before finally slamming the door on Saiki's face. He sighed in disappointment and began to walk off the L/n property. He turned to look back at the house and spotted a familiar boy leaning on the windowsill.

He was mouthing something he couldn't understand. He squinted before making out the word: "Stu-pid"

He rolled his eyes. What an annoying brat.

"Good night, Y/n," he said as he walked off.

There was a long pause before he heard her voice, "good night, Saiki."

Y/n's POV:
Y/n sat on the staircase as her mom began to pace the living room back and forth.

"I just can't believing you right now. You said it was a vacation! How could you be so easily manipulated?!"

"To be fair the first half was a vacation," Y/n said turning to look at her mother.

"Oh don't you get sarcastic with my Y/n."

"I wasn't being sarcastic...." she said getting up from the staircase and walking to her room.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"To my room. I have school tomorrow," she monotoned as she continued to walk without hesitation.

"We are not done with this conversation!" her mother said running up the stairs to follow her.

"Oh cry me a river mom,"she replied finally stopping at her doorframe, "I'm so tired of looking at your face just to get the same thought every time. Her fault. Her fault. Her fault. Her fault!"

Her mother pursed her lips as she continued.

"I don't want to get blamed for something I had no control over! It wasn't my fault! I'm sorry he's dead but blaming me will not bring him back!"

"Well I'm sorry for being a bad mother!"

"Don't be sorry! Do better! I can't keep having the same fucking argument with you!  You're driving us insane! Your driving me insane!"

Before Y/n could sputter out anymore nonsense, her mother slapped her. She yelped in surprise and held onto her burning cheek.

"Oh God. Y/n I'm so sorry," her mother said reaching towards her.

"Get the fuck out of my room," she mumbled.

"Y/n I—"

"GET OUT! Before I do something we both regret."

Her mother stepped back. Y/n had never gotten so angry before. It was like a whole new rage had awaken in her on that mountain.

Y/n slammed her door instantly creating a huge hole on it. She gasped. Kaito's head poked into the hole with curiosity as Y/n's mother also stood there flabbergasted.