18

Y/N's POV:
There was something weird with feeling embarrassed at this moment. But that's what she felt, embarrassment.

"Saiki what are you doing here?" Y/n managed to mumble after a few seconds of silence.

"I wanted to check in on you. You weren't responding and...I was worried about you," he summarized.

Y/n nodded, "well I'm here and...fine."

"Y/n you are clearly not fine. Please let me help you," he said walking towards her.

"You can't help me. Not this time," Y/n responded, "I got it all figured out. I know why this started again. I know how to fix this..."

She trailed off as her eyes refocused to the ground. She let out a soft groan as the heat from her pyrokinesis started to act up again.

"Y/n..."

"It's fine," she reassured him, "I got it all under," she grunts, "control."

Saiki stared at her for a few seconds before whispering, "when did it start?"

Y/n paused for a moment as she contemplated whether to tell Saiki or not.

"The night I came home from Oshimai..."

"After the eruptions," Saiki replied sadly.

He sunk into Y/n's bed as a flood of emotions came rushing into his brain.

"It's all my fault," he whispered sadly.

"What? No, Saiki it isn't."

"Yes it is," he turned to face her, "I pushed you. I pushed your limits without even thinking about the consequences. That's why you fainted isn't it? I almost killed you."

"No! There's no way you could have known. I never brought it up so how could you?"

Saiki paused at her words, "you never brought it up?" he stood from the bed, "you knew this was going to happen?"

"Uh...you're misunderstanding what I'm saying," Y/n answered nervously.

"When did you know?" he mumbled.

"Look I really don't want to talk about this right—"

"When. Did. You. Know," he said more assertively.

"...it became more clear the night before the eruptions."

"What. The. Fuck," Saiki stepped back.

She could tell she had angered him and looked away.

"So you were just prepared to die without telling me?! You were going to let me suffer??!! Let me believe that I may have been the cause of your death?! Let me mourn you?!"

She doesn't deny it.

"Y/n," he said tearfully, "what the fuck."

She sniffed, "I already feel bad about it. I didn't know how to approach you about the subject and..."

Saiki pauses. With each sniffle and tearful apology Y/n began to fade in and out of invisibility.

"I'm sorry!" she cried out, "I don't know what's wrong with me! I can't control anything I do and I'm just..."

Saiki gently placed his hand on her shoulder and suddenly she stayed visible. Y/n looked to his hand and sighed.

"I'm sorry," she repeated.

"Don't be. Y/n let me help you."

"...I don't think you can," she said shrugging off his hand.

"What?"

"I need to do this on my own. Without you. Without anyone here."

"Are you leaving?"

Y/n hitched and turned to face the doorway where Kaito stared back at her.

"Kaito...no...I mean," she sighed, "yes Kaito. I am, but only for a few months."

"Wait what?!" Saiki shouted, "when did you decide this?"

"A few days ago when I visited Saiko."

A few days earlier...
"Well I hope you came here to explain yourself," Saiko said mockingly.

"Saiko..."

"I mean you and Saiki are freaking psychics! I have so many questions!"

"Can we please hold all psychic related questions to the end?" Y/n cleared her throat and mumbled, "I need a favor."

"Ooo what an interesting offer. I suppose I could grant you this favor if you give something to me in return..."

"I'm not making out with you..." Y/n replied dully.

"No I know. Believe me I know where I stand in Y/n's hot or not list."

Y/n sighed and looked behind her, "okay lay it on me."

"Answer me this: what could I possibly give you that your psychic boyfriend can't?"

There was a silence for a moment before she replied, "...the option to run away."

Saiko's lips parted as she continued, "I always run away from my problems and I know Saiki won't let me do that but for once...I actually feel like it's the right decision. I just need some money and a bit of hospitality for a while and then I'll be out of your hair. Please," she croaked, "please help me out on this."

Present...
"You recruited that old guy? I thought you said he was annoying..." Kaito questioned with an itch to his scalp.

"He's not old Kaito. He just has grey hair and he's only one of two people I recruited for help."

"Who's the second one?" Saiki asked.

"Only someone as stupid as you would ask that question," a voice from the hall announced.

"Oh god."

"Indeed it is I Saiki! You're brother."