Emotions of a Lan.

On an average night, Lan zhan was playing his guqin, while his mind wondered  on a special someone. Deep down he was questioning why was he falling for someone that didn't have nothing on common with him. Was it right to knock him out and kiss him while blindfolded?! Yea it was a guilty act, but Lan zhan panicked. Because Wei saw his Lan headband........and he (lan zhan) was already in love. The thing that he liked about Wei ying was his free spirited attitude, and courageous heart. He can say or ask anything that's on his mind! And in this clan, Lan zhan was a bit unable to do that.

Should he learn more about him? No! The clan won't allow it! He's actually jammed in various predicaments. Trying to suppress his feelings for Wei ying, being a virtuous role model, and keeping the family's mystical secret.
Suddenly he stopped his music, as his thoughts had stopped the flow of thoughts. Then he picked up Wei ying's tassel, and gave it a slight kiss.
"Wangji." Lan Xichen entered, and Lan Zhan quickly rested  the tassel on the table, tucked underneath his guqin.
Xiongzheng." He stood up.
"I see. You have Wei Gongzi's Jiang tassel." Lan xichen said.
"............mn." Lan zhan shyly replied. "It fell out while he was diving."
"Oh! You met him there? Wangji, you can tell me anything." Lan xichen adds.
"Mn. I plan on returning it."
"Ok. But the question is......" Lan xichen replied. "Do you have feelings for him?"
There was one minute of silence.
"Yes, Xiongzheng."
"Hmm. I had a feeling!! But do you think that he would keep our secret?"
"Yes."
"I believe so too. Anyways wangji, I came here to say that Shufu wants to talk to us."
"Mn."
Soon after, they entered Lan Qiren's room, and greeted him with a bow.
"Ah, good that you both are here. There's something I wish to discuss with you two." Lan qiren said. "It's.....about our new student."
"Wei ying." Lan zhan thought.
"Wangji. I don't want you hanging with Wei ying too much. He doesn't care about our rules." Lan qiren went on. "He might be a bad influence on you. Do you understand."
"Understood." Lan zhan adds.
How can Lan zhan ignore his crush? This is what he was worrying about in the first place. How should he suppress his feelings. How to hide it away from his strict uncle? Yet one thing made Lan zhan a bit comfortable with his uncle's new orders. He (Lan qiren) didn't say to stay away from him at sea.
Only Lan zhan and his brother are mermen, and Lan qiren isn't!!
"Also you both are mermen. You must be careful with your secret. If the wrong person find out, you two can be in serious trouble." Lan qiren stated. "Some people can make a fortune with just your tails. One can sell them as an ornament to hang in their wall, as well as cook them!"
(It's said that their tails are covered in natural melted jade or blue crystals, which are very valuable. Also some locals claim to eat mermaid meat.)

"Forgive me for saying this but, I find that Wei ying is very  articulate. Yes he had broken some rules, but he's new to our yunshen." Lan xichen says.
"If he wanted to learn, then he wouldn't be ignoring the rules and breaking them! Wangji, don't hang around him!"
"Yes Shufu." Lan zhan replied.
Only Lan xichen knew Lan zhan's underlying sadness, as he was more close to him.
"And for you, xichen. It's a full moon tomorrow night."
"Yes. I'm planning to go to Lanling after the tournament. To escape the effects of the moon."
"Good." Lan qiren said. "At the underwater cave pocket where you normally stay?"
"Yep."
"Ok, be careful on your trip."
"Sure."
"We take your leave."
"Yes. Take proper rest. The archery tournament is tomorrow."

"Xiongzheng, you're really leaving?"
"Oh yes Wangji! I know this is your first full moon, when being in love with someone. Your big brother will help you."
"Thanks."

The full moon is said to affect merfolk in a magical way. Some would have weird and sudden cravings, they sing and crave to be underwater most of the time. They also  can be very insulting and mischievous at this time. Once they're in love with something other someone, they can be very clingy, open minded and seductive. They'll do anything to get what they love. Lan xichen normally goes to Lanling! But not where he told Lan qiren where he would be. He would stay with his good friend Jin Guangyao. Actually there's this pond he made in an enclosed room, specially made for Lan xichen. So, he would take care of him during the full moon period.