Love is Magical.

Moreover Wei ying was still there, getting info from Wen qing.
"Any other questions, before you focus more on the book?"
"Yea. Do they always cover their face? With their hair?"
"I have never heard that!! Maybe your merman groom's hair came down in his face because it was wet." Wen qing concludes.
"Maybe."
"I only know about the mythology. Not their behavioral patterns."
"Right."
"They love gifts by the way. And they love to keep treasures of sentimental value. Like maybe something they got or took from their lover."
"One thing, can they be a part of a clan?" Wei ying asks.
"Yea there are cultivator mermaids. So obviously they'll be a part of a clan. It's said that they have their own clan system.
"Ok. Interesting. Is it possible that one of them can be from the Lan clan?"
"Hmm. I won't doubt it. Merfolk can be all over, and we don't know."
"I saw the end of his Lan headband." Wei ying added.
"What?" She became shocked. "But the Lans are human, that's really strange. Yet it can be possiblr, because the tree strokes new the Lan character denotes to water."
"I know it can't be the two Jades of lan, or old man Lan. But who could this be?"
"He might reveal himself."
Afterwards Wei ying decided to flip through some more pages, and read for a bit. This book however was covered in ancient illustrations and descriptive writing.

"Merfolk proverbs:

A wish is destiny. Destiny is life.

What's lost is meant to he found. What you have will once be lost. Cycle." He read. "Really mysterious."
"Yup. Also it's complicated." Wen qing said. "That's why I did it for two years and gave up."
"You know a lot about them."
"Haha."
"If any Merfolk wish to give up their tails, they must suppress their spiritual energy. Wow! So serious. So they must give up everything for legs?? Their spiritual powers, cultivation skills? They also have to deactivate their core."
"Yea. And you know what they say. No core no control."
"Why would they do such a thing?"
"Maybe if they want to live on land." She stated.
"Oh. Look at this other fact. When fresh blood from any merfolk touch the skin or a human, he'll become a merman/mermaid." Wei ying adds.
"They're magical beings after all."
"Hmmmm. I love these pictures too. It reminds me of him."

"But Wen qing, do they fall in love with everyone they meet?""Yea that's the myth

"Yea that's the myth. Yet if a merman truly loves you, they'll only love you! They'll be following you around a lot."
"Ohh. That's why whenever I dive, he keeps following and playing with me."
"Lol, congrats Wei Gongzi. You're in love with a fish." Wen qing chuckled. "And the fish is in love with you. Do you want something to find out who's the merman in human form?"
"No thanks. I respect their privacy."
"Surprisingly sweet of you. Ew." Wen qing remarked. "Let me still tell you. It might come in handy."
"Thanks then."
"You can either wet them or."
"Or?"
"Listen carefully. Around noon, on the day before the first waxing moon. If they face water, you'll see a reflection of them in their merman form."
"Waaw! But I'm not  a person to do that. I know they would want to explore the land without being bothered."
"Hmm, Wei you're a kind person. I thought you were a jerk like your brother." Wen qing remarked.
"Oh right, you met Jiang cheng! Ignore him! That's his personality, but he's a nice person. Sort of."
"Whatever."
"Well, Miss Wen, I'll be on my way. Thanks for the help."
"Don't mention it. And Wei Gongzi, don't call me Miss Wen, it makes me feel old. I told your brother the same thing."
"Right right, ok! But how old are you?" Wei ying playfully asked.
"Get out of my dorm!! Wei Wuxian!"
"Hahahaha I'm sorry Wen qing, I'm leaving."
"Good! Scram before I use my needles on you."
"Yea, got to go!"

Hours after, while having Wangji on his mind, Wei ying went and sat near a river-- to see if merman Wangji would come his way.

It's evident that Wei ying has feelings for the merman, yet deep down he's a bit confused about how he actually feels. He originally loves Lan zhan, but now he's in a budding relationship with a mystical creature who seems to be a lan member. Wei ying was feeling like he's hurting lan zhan for loving the merman, even though Lan zhan doesn't know his feelings.
"I sure am an idiot aren't i?" He realised his predicament. "Why should I go ahead and have a relationship with Wangji. When I like Lan zhan. But it was so sweet how he gave me this ribbon!! Hmm....maybe I can kind of be with him, for a while. Lan zhan

In addition Wei ying didn't know that his merman lover is Lan zhan himself, Lan zhan on the other side was basking in his love with Wei ying, in a different universe-- the sea. He also had some predicaments.
Lan zhan thinks that he's living a lie, as the land Wei Wuxian doesn't know it's him. He's also shy to tell Wei that he loves him, as well as he's afraid of his uncle's reaction. Lan qiren had already told him to stay away from Wei Wuxian.

Anyways, leaving all worries behind, Lan zhan goes into a cold pond and transforms into his merman form. Then he swam off to meet his Wei ying.

Then in a matter of minutes, he sat on the banks next to Wei

"Hey wangji." Wei ying touched his hand. "Aren't you not afraid of anyone seeing you?"
"No."
"Hmm very fearless!"
"Hm."
"So how was your day?" Wei ying asks.
"Was fine."
"I can imagine! The ocean and other waterways belong to you." Wei ying stated.
"Wei belongs to me." Wangji grabbed his wrist.
"Wangji, Wei is a part of my name. I said waterway." He chuckles,
"Wei." Wangji grabs his wrist tighter.
"Ok ok, wangji. I'm yours too."
"Hm."
"I gave Shijie the earrings! She loves it a lot."
"That's good."
"Thanks a lot."
Suddenly Wangji opened Wei ying's hanfu, revealing his chest."
"Oh hey hey! Why did you do that?"
"Swim."
"Oh you want to go for a swim?! Well let's go!"
"Hm."

On the other side in Lanling, someone was drinking some green tea in the comfort of his room, after washing Lan xichen's robe.
"Yes er ge, I have washed  your garment.....now I'm having tea. You know. Like what we do together every time." Yao says with a smile. "You are the only one I have in this world.

Meanwhile at sea, Wei ying and Wangji were still swimming! And Wangji gave him a conch shell as a snorkel. Then after, they went to a secluded place, where Wangji lovingly caressed Wuxian's face and kissed him on his forehead.
"You really love me, huh." Wei ying teased him.
"Hm." Wangji held Wei ying's hand in his.
"Wangji, what if Lan zhan finds out."
"Never mind that."
"But speaking of Lan zhan." Wei ying laid down on his tail as always. "I truly like him, but I don't know what to do."
"Tell him how you feel."
"Pff when should I do that? How to do that without him chopping me with bichen?"
"He won't." Wangji stroked his hair.
"Haha, you don't know Lan zhan."
"Was I that harsh to him." Lan zhan thought. "Sorry Wei ying."
"But I know that he has a warm heart, under that cold demeanor of his."
"It's your smile that warms me up, Wei ying." He thought again.

"Wei ying." Wangji grabs his hand again. "Listen carefully."
"Yea what's up, Wangji?" Wei ying played with one of his finger.
"I must migrate, as the tides are changing."
"Ohh. Well enjoy your trip!" Wei ying remarked. "So is that a mermaid thing? You also change the tides?"
"Hm. I promise that I'll come back to you."
"I believe so." He smiled.
"I'll be back in some months."
"Ok. And I'll maybe try to tell Lan zhan about my feelings."
"Hm."