Just wangxian.

Next day, Wei ying was passing through Gusu's streets (when he's supposed to be in class), then to his surprise, he saw some vendors selling combs, and that reminded him of what Wangji said. However Wei ying thought of something else. He thought of giving Lan zhan  a gift instead. In addition, it's said that people would gift a comb to a person they like.
"Which one would you like, Gongzi?"
"The one with the lotus carving."

He reaches to the cloud Recesses later on, and snuck into class. But then after class, he accidentally eavesdropped on Lan xichen talking to Lan zhan.
"Wangji."
"Xiongzheng."
"You have worked and studied too hard, Wangji. You should take a vacation." Lan xichen. "I suggest that you go to that famous inn at Ping village."
"Mn. I don't need a vacation."
"You do Wangji. It's good for your Qi energy."
"Ok."
"And besides, the village will be having their evening flower show. It will be beautiful."
"Mn."
"Why don't you take Wei ying with you. Aren't you guys friends?"
"Huh? Xiongzheng. No need."
"Wangji, I know deep down you want to carry him with you."
"And I know that too!!" Wei ying entered and then bowed.
"Wei Gongzi. Look Wangji, Wei Gongzi  is here. And he's happy to tag along."
"Your brother read me. Like how he reads you." Wei ying smirked.
"Boring." Lan zhan remarked.
"Wouldn't you feel lonely, Lan zhan. You should carry a friend."
"I don't have any."
"I can be your friend, heehee!"
"No." 
"Come on naaa Lan zhan! Wangji! Hanguang Jun."
"Fine. You can come." Lan zhan finally agrees. "I leave at noon."
"No Lan zhan. WE are leaving." Wei ying then laughed like how he normally does.
"You're boring." 
"Lan zhan, lan zhan, lan zhan."
"You can say my name once, Wei ying. Tell me."
"What should I wear, Lan zhan? Black and red, violet and red? Grey, black and red?" Wei ying grinned.
"Anything." Lan zhan replied. "Red ribbon."
"Omg! My heart!" Lan xichen exclaimed, causing Wei and Lan zhan to stare in a confused way. "Oho, look at the time. I'm supposed to meet A-Yao. Bye."

"I see. You like the red ribbon, Lan zhan?" Wei ying started his teasing.
"It looks good on you."
"Aww. You can compliment people. Heehee. You're getting really soft."
"What?"
"It's a good thing, Lan zhan. Anyways, Hanguang Jun, I like your forehead ribbon." Wei ying adds. "Can I borrow it some day?"
"No."

One the other side, Wen qing was looking for Wei ying to inform him about something, but she met Jiang cheng instead.
"Hey." Wen qing plainly greeted.
"Oh hey." There was a strange tingly feeling in his stomach. "I mean hi."
"Uff, what's the difference between hey and hi. Where's your brother?"
"What did he do again?! I apologise on his behalf." Jiang cheng grumbled.
"He didn't do anything. I just have to tell him something about a certain topic."
"I'm here!!! Wow, Jiang cheng, you're making a move." Wei ying confronted them.
"What?!"
"What?!"
"Nevermind." Wei ying replied. "Yep, Miss Wen. I'm here. And don't worry about chengcheng, he knows that I have a merman boyfriend."
"I wish I didn't." Jiang cheng stated.
"Well pertaining to the mermaid stuff, there's something I didn't tell you." Wen qing said. "You know Mianmian right?"
"The Jin disciple, who's always with that peacock?"
"Yea. Some say that she's a mermaid. Only Ning and I know."
"Waw! Do you think that she'll seduce Lan zhan?" Wei ying asks, then Jiang cheng punched him in his arm.
"Ouchie! I just asked! Merfolk are seductive, remember."
"So there are really mermaids out there?" Jiang cheng afterwards asked.
"Yea but not so much. Well we don't know who they are."
"Then how do you know?"
"I used to study marine mythology. And surprisingly I found out that that Mianmian is one." Wen qing adds. "We were studying together, that's how I found out."
"Hmm."
"So Lady Wen, is it possible that there are merfolk in each clan? Ew, why do I care."
"Maybe, Jiang Gongzi. Your crazy brother got a lan merman, Mianmian is from the Jin Clan."
"You're maybe a mermaid!"
"Ugh no!" Wen qing rolls her eyes.
"You would look nice as one." Jiang cheng remarked. "A red fish."
"Don't forget that I do acupuncture, Jiang Gongzi." She sternly said.
"So?"
"So." She chuckles. "You don't know yet."

Later on, Wei ying decided to meet up with Lan zhan, to his surprise, Lan zhan called him from behind. Well it's evident that Lan xichen had boosted his  brother's confidence.
"Wei ying."
"Lan zhan! Hey I thought you were leaving without me."
"Just stay quiet and come. We're getting late."
"It's a vacation, not an urgent class." Wei ying teased him. "You're in a hurry to go far away with me, huh?"
"Boring." 
"Are you sure lan zhan? That I'm boring?"
"Yes."
"Do you like boring?"
"Yes. I mean no."
"Heehee, when will you make up your mind."

"How's your mer-friend, Wei ying?"
"He's great. You know, he cares about my feelings?! I believe that I can tell him everything."
"Mn."
"He's migrating."
"Ok."
"Lan zhan, I thought that you would be jealous. But Lan zhan, listen up! I heard that Mianmian is a mermaid."
"So?" Lan zhan gave him a peculiar stare.
"I thought you would like her."
"......... No Wei ying."
"Ahahaha my bad!"
"Wei ying, what do you like about your mer-friend?"
"He reminds me of you!!"
"What?! How?"
"I don't know. It's just a feeling." Wei ying replied. "Anyways, forget it. I'm going back home in the next two days."
"Oh."
"Don't worry! I'll be back in 3 months! I promise."
"Why? You have attended our lectures."
"And I have made friends too. Obviously I will visit you."
"There's no need."
"Uff, just don't mention it. I care about my friends."
"Nice of you."
"Will you miss me, Lan zhan?!!"
"No."
"Why?? Lan zhan??"
"No."
"Fuddy duddy!" Wei ying exclaimed. "Nevertheless. Here's this comb I bought for you as a gift. It will remind you of me!"
A tiny yet graceful smile shined on Lan zhan's lips. Then he took it and placed it in his pouch. "Thanks, Wei ying."
"Hanguang Jun, you're very strange. First you're cold, then you're soft. Do I have to give you a gift for you to smile?!"
"No."
"So lan zhan, lan zhan? Do you like the gift?"
"Yea."
"Aww lan zhan. I'm glad you like."

----

VenkatNarayanan123