Ch 7:You shouldn't have saved me.

RYAN'S POV

I fucked up. I fucked it all up. Again. How do I tell her that the only lips I ever want to kiss are hers?

She's the light in my life and now that she's gone, it seems like I've lost what I needed the most. I hope I didn't mess up that bad.

"Wassup dude?" I say to Harvey and Nicholas.

"Ry I think I'm gonna ask her out" Nick tells me.

"Who? Keiran?" I ask just to be sure.

"Nope. Sabrina!" he says in a 'duh' tone making me snap my head at his direction.

"Nope. Not happening. Back off" I say giving him a stern look.

"Chill dude. I was talking about Keiran. Sabrina's like a little sister to me!" he says.

"You scared me for a second there" I tell him.

"Haha. Gotcha." both laugh at me.

"Like on a 'date' date?!" I ask him.

"Yeah Ry. On a 'date' date" he says smiling to himself.

"I say go ahead Nick! That girl seems to be smitten by you as well. I'm glad you're going to ask her out." I tell him.

"Ok then. Wish me luck guys" he says.

"You don't need luck. All you need is a shoulder to cry on...just in case she says NO, which I'm hoping she won't. But just so you know...both of us are willing to give you that" Harvey tells pointing at Nick.

I laugh at that.

Nicholas leaves

"What's the matter with you, Ry?" Harvey asks me.

"Nothing significant" I tell him brushing it off.

"I'm not buying that. You're not one to worry over something insignificant" he tells me in a 'matter of fact' tone.

"I might have screwed things up with Sabrina" I tell him.

"I saw that coming. What did you do this time?" he asks me.

"I kissed a girl and she caught me in the act." I confess to him.

"That bad huh?" He asks biting his lip as if feeling sorry for me.

"Well I told you I messed up" I tell him.

"Don't worry Ry. Did she like, tell you something?" he asks.

"She told me that I don't need to explain anything to her since I'm not obligated to and that what I do is none of her business". I tell him.

"I'm telling you Ry. 'brina likes you. Scratch that, she really really likes you" he tells me.

"I think you didn't hear me correctly" I say laughing at what he just said.

"She's in denial, Ry. She's only lying to herself about her feelings for you. If she truly did not get affected by you kissing someone, she never would've given you that explanation in the first place!" he says.

"Well that does make sense". I tell him with a bit of hope in my voice.

"Of course it does. I don't speak nonsense, unlike you and Nick" he says smugly.

"K I get it. You're the wise one" I tell him.

"No doubt about that". he says back.

"Did you know that the girls are gonna start working in Paul's diner from today?" he asks me.

"What? Really? I had no idea!" I tell him, genuinely surprised at this revelation.

"Yeah Lili told me" he tells me.