Ch 34: Class of 2021

A week later...

SABRINA'S POV

It's graduation day. The one I've been awaiting all my life. Hope this goes well...

"Babe what's on your mind?" Ryan asks me.

"Nothing much. I'm nervous...I mean I've waited for this day since forever and now that it's here, I can't quite believe it"

"I got you. You have your speech ready, right?"

"Yeah I do"

"C'mon let's get to school. I don't wanna be late on our freakin' graduation day" says Keiran

"Don't worry we won't be late" says Nick.

"Keep saying that to yourself" she says.

We reach the school and the ceremony begins.

A bunch of students deliver their speech and then Keiran walks up to the stage.

"It is my pleasure to welcome students, families and faculty to graduation day at McLean High. Each one of you have made an impact on the graduates who sit here today. I stand here before you, looking back on 4 years of legacy we've all made. Chasing a dream requires passion, hardwork and determination. I believe I'm not quite gifted in those aspects. People are gonna ask us graduates as to what we want to become. I say, who the hell knows?! I plan to go where life takes me. I intend to embrace all opportunities that come my way. Cuz this isn't the age to be mature and make hard and fast decisions. It's the time to do stupid things, make mistakes. That might not make you the best of the lot but it sure does make you memorable. Once in a while, sit down and think about letting go...of stuff that bothers you. It's the time to fly and soar high. Congratulations. And best wishes"

"Keiran that was incredible" I say.

"Uh I know right. It had a little Twilight reference"

"Holy-"

"Stop right there. The Twilight graduation speech was the most sensible thing Jessica ever said and I loved it"

"Well good for you I guess" Lili says.

"Lili it's your turn. Go ahead"

"All the best, babe" Harvey says.

She gets on stage and starts to say "I'm extremely honoured to be a part of the Class of 2021. I've had the best time with you guys here. McLean High has my heart. I can never forget the kind of friendships I've made here. They've changed who I was, and for the better.  The success that I might achieve on my future endeavours...I owe it all to you. I've met some of the best people here at McLean High. Someday when I look back at this, I'm certain that I'll only be reminded of good memories...and none that has sadness in it. Thank you"

"Good job!" I say.

"Go ahead" she says.

"Yeah" I say.

Ryan takes my hand in his and tells me that it's gonna be okay.

"A very good morning to everyone present here. I've waited for this all my life. Wearing the graduation cap and delivering a speech on this stage. And it's finally here. This is the moment. When I was writing my speech, I thought of all those things that would make a graduation speech sound incredible. But just a while back, I realised that what I really need to do is to speak my heart out. And my heart says thank you to everyone who's been with me ever since I stepped into the school. My time here has not been the best. I've gone through terrible things for two years in this school. But it has also helped me meet people I never thought would start to mean the world to me" I say, looking at Ryan. "You guys know them" I say, pointing at Lili and Keiran, "They have been with me through thick and thin, never disregarded my feelings, never dismissed my thoughts. I love you guys. People asked me what my aspirations were back when I was a kid... everyone said they wanted to become a 'doctor', 'Astronaut' and stuff like that. I said I wanted to become a painter. That was it for me. And now, they want to hear proper answers. But honestly, I have no idea what I'm supposed to be. I'll go where life leads me. And I hope it leads me somewhere good. Thank you"