31

|| KACIS POV ||

things can end just as quickly as they start.

the easy times, can be gone in a snap.

"you cant have us both, kaci." lev slightly raises his voice.

i lean my head into my hands, breathing deeply, then starting to talk "you don't think i get that. i'm trying to pick i am, but i'll be losing a friend when i pick. i just need more time-"

"no. i don't have more time to wait, kac. please just pick, i need to know." he pleads.

"lev, please don't make me do this yet."

"pick, kaci."

"no."

"pick."

"please not yet."

"kaci. please just say who you pick-"

"fine lev! you. okay, i pick you." i give into his pressuring.

"what?" he asks, shocked.

"you, lev i pick you." i pick my head up out of my hands.

he stands right in front of me, a blank face. i tilt my head to the side, gesturing that i'm waiting for a response.

a small smile forms on his lips. the same one coming onto mine. he leans forward, wrapping his arms around my waist and his head into my neck.

i sigh, thinking about how i'll have to tell dyl.

-<>-

nope i cant.

no no no.

here i am, in his drive way, waiting for him to come out.

shit.

fuck.

ughh i don't wanna do this. i don't usually curse this much.

i hear a light knock on the door and see dylan standing by the passengers side door, a raincoat over his head due to the heavy rain.

i jump to unlock the doors and let him in, i sigh and hide my head in my knees. please don't make me do this.

"hey there kac." i hear his voice, he sounds different.

i tilt my head to my right and see hi. looking down at his hands. i pick my head up and notice his glum mood.

"hey." i say shortly. i sigh, here we go. "sooo. you're my best friend you know than right? honest to god, your the best person over ever met. and this was the hardest decision i've ever had to make-"

"you chose him." he cuts me off. i feel tears vein my eyes.

"yeah i did." my voice cracks. "but you did everything right."

"well obviously not. you chose that guy over me." he get defensive.

woah baby this isn't gonna be good.

"what bad things have i ever done to you? i've been nothing but great to you. i was there for you when no one else was, no one." his voice breaks at the end. i see tears slide down his face right as he tilts his head back down to his lap.

here come the water works.

"dylan. i love you, i do i really do. more than a friend, you just, you deserve better. you deserve a girl who will give you their full attention. i cant give that to you. i don't wanna lead you on when i'm leaning towards him, i cant do that to you dyl." i manage to get out between tears.

he looks up at me and let's me see the tears. he opens the door and jumps out of the car.

i kick off my slippers and follow him quickly. the rain soaks my clothes completely.

"dylan!" i yell, please don't leave, i mentally say.

"get back in the car kac. you'll freeze, your in shorts." he says not looking back at me.

i cant tell what's tears and what's rain.

"i cant do this without you. i need you, dyl. please- please don't leave me. i'll give you some space, i will, just promise that you won't hate me." i plead, my crying is very obvious now.

"kac i could never hate you for doing what you think is best for me, even if it breaks my heart in the process, no fuck that, i could never hate you." he paces back and forth in front of me.

"can you just go for now, i'll call you when i'm- when i'm cooled off." he sternly tells me, over never seen him so worked up.

i swallow and nod, hiring back to my car. i sit down. and immediately feel the water seeping out of my clothes and into the seats.

i put the car into drive and start my drive home.

that couldn't have gone worse.

heyyyyy...