CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR (PUZZLE PIECES)

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I just want to clarify that Clay and y/n are not an official couple nor have they ever decided to be exclusive.. i just saw some people saying that Clay was basically cheating on y/n when he called Storm hot, but i wanted to make sure it was clear that he is not a cheat in this story

anyways hope you are enjoying the story!!

I joined a call with Dream, Sapnap, George, Karl and Quackity. They were kind of just chilling in a vc together.

"Have you ever heard your music in the real world, Dream?" Karl asks, "I mean when you weren't on your phone or whatever."

I almost laughed a little. I heard it in a small business store once and started to chuckle a little bit. Streamers have gone so far from where they began. I also have to admit that it's on my own playlist though, so I'm not complaining that it was playing.

"Uhh, yeah actually," he says casually. I sometimes like Dream. Well this version of him at least. The one who is just relaxing and not arguing with me.

I try to think of the last time the song came onto my playlist. It's been awhile since i've actually sat and listened to music, instead of just using it as a background noise while I cook or clean.

I think the last time I would've actually listened and sang along would be when Clay was in the car with me.

I laugh. Imagine if he really was Dream like he joked, and I called his song actually good to his face.

"What's the most surprising place you've ever heard it?" Quackity asks.

"One time I heard 'change my clothes' in a friend's car, but the friend didn't actually know that I was Dream at the time."

I freeze in my swivel chair.

No way.

"That's actually hilarious," Karl laughs along with Quackity.

There's no way. There's no way Clay actually is Dream.

No. There can't be. Sapnap has seen both me and Dream. He would've told us if he knew we were actually neighbors. He couldn't keep that kind of secret in.

I think back to when me and Sapnap's conversations when we first met.

"So what have you and Dreamy poo been up to?" I ask.

"Well, we're actually looking at some houses and apartments to buy. I think I might be moving here in a few months," he says.

I smile as the waitress gives us our drinks before replying. "We'll live so close to each other!"

He smiles. "Practically neighbors."

Practically neighbors... Was that a hint? Did he know then, and just choose not to tell me? There's no way Dream knows either, or he would've said something by now. That was months ago.

Wait. What did Clay say last night? About his friend Nick?

"He's moving in with me in like two weeks, so you can meet him then." He leans against the counter as he talks to me.

My stomach tightens. The timeline matches. Months ago he said he would be moving here. Now Clay's friend is moving here.

I snap out of my thought. 

"Sapnap." I say, ignoring whatever conversation they were having.

"Storm." he repeats the same way I said it.

"What's your real name again?" I ask, trying not to freak out on the outside like I am on the inside.

"Uhh, Nick, why?" he says hesitantly.