CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR (THE MAILROOM PT 2)

I walk into the mailroom after going to the bakery. I really only work there now when there's a big order and they need help, but I still stop by often to get some food from there.

When I walk into the mailroom, I see Clay standing at his box.

"Fancy seeing you here," I joke as he grabs his mail.

"Just thought we could bring back some memories," he smiles as he locks his box.

I don't usually see Clay in the mailroom anymore. I learned later in our relationship that he would also go down to the mailroom at six just in hopes to see me there. The first time we met was a pure accident that we ended up going at that same time.

Maybe some would say it's a coincidence, but I think it was fate.

Something had to bring Dream and I together. It was too good to be pure coincidence.

I open my mailbox to see a single red rose sitting inside. My face blushes a little as I see it.

I seriously have one of the best boyfriends in the world.

"Who could that be from?" he asks as if he doesn't know anything.

I turn to give him a look, but stop to laugh when I see he's holding a rose between his teeth.

"I think it might be from this one guy that I met online." I laugh as I grab my mail.

"Really? Who could that be?" he asks as he takes the rose out of his mouth, "Shit, that kinda hurt."

"His name is Dream," I shut my box, "ever heard of him?"

"Doesn't ring any bells," Clay shakes his head as he opens the door for me.

"What a shame," I start to walk out the door, "you know, you kind of remind me of him a little bit."

"Whatever," he rolls his eyes before grabbing my hand to pull me back.

He gives me a kiss in the doorway of the mailroom, right where I first laid eyes on him all those months ago.

If only that girl could see me now as I kiss my irl crush and online rival. 

Maybe the world really is smaller than I thought.

THE END

WORD COUNT: 380