Author's Note

Hello All!!  

I really don't like to leave a ton of author's notes throughout the story, so hopefully, I can keep those to a minimum, but I thought this was a great place to leave an intro to Alpha Shield.

This is a sequel to Alpha Lost.  You can read it as a standalone, but I think you'll get more out of it if you've read Alpha Lost first.

If you've read Alpha Lost, you might be confused with the name of the main female character in this story.  In Alpha Lost, you met Sarah and learned of how she helped... gonna stop there to avoid spoilers, but if you've read AL, you'll know what she helped with. Since I love it when previous characters come back, it occurred to me that having Selah and Sarah was confusing with too many S names, so Sarah became Abigail for this sequel. I haven't changed it yet in AL, but I will  WHENEVER I finally get AL ready for Amazon. So sorry for any confusion or angst the name change might have caused.

Also, this world-building thing is hard especially for a pantser like myself. There are things that I write and then later I'm like - what did say about that?  How did that work again?  I'm just gonna say in advance,  it will happen that I'll contradict myself (It's one of the things that has AL stuck in edits)- feel free to let me know if I do it so I can fix it!

Mind the trigger warning in the description.  This book has some darker elements than AL.  I try to be true to life, but with any omegaverse book there's an element that requires a suspension of disbelief - beyond the whole knotty peens!  Whenever there's been an abused character in a book, the nature of the romance book means that she/he somehow overcomes, heals, faces it.  In real life, it wouldn't happen in an instant, in a week, in a year, or even a lifetime.  However, this is fiction.  Not only is it fiction, but it's also omegaverse where despite the best of intentions, regardless of a character's past, there are biological imperatives and instincts at play.  I hope I do Abby's reactions justice, but know that in no way, shape, or form am I trying to minimize an abuse victim's responses.

Finally, I know it's been awhile, but I have honestly been stuck.  I was trying to write this on the sly, but I find that I need my WattPad peeps to inspire me.  Knowing that some of you are actively waiting - sometimes impatiently :) - for updates, helps me to power through.  It's another reason why Alpha Lost has stalled in edits and hasn't hit Amazon yet.  You and your comments - both good and constructive - keep me motivated and moving forward.  This will be the only place I encourage you to vote and leave comments as I usually find that pretty icky.  I try to respond to all of them in some way shape or form.

So as a gift to myself on my bday, I'm starting the sequel here for your reading pleasure.  Enjoy!!

UPDATED TO ADD: This story has gone WAY darker than I thought and it's not even halfway done.  Abby was abused - mentally, physically, and sexually.  It's not all off-screen - for right now it's mostly Abby describing it but who knows if that will change - so please mind your mental health, and please be aware of the trigger warnings.