Chocolate - Abby

Author's Note: Okay... these characters. I don't know what to say. I didn't think this was going to be slow burn - that's not usually my thing - but yet... here we are. This chapter was supposed to have some smexy times, but Abby is like - nope.  Not yet.  Grrr.... Honestly not sure how I feel about that.  I REALLY wanted there to be more heat here, but I tried to force it in and it just didn't fit. How is that fictional characters get to write their own story?? Oh well... hope you enjoy, and thanks for staying with me!

Also, I don't usually fish for feeback (even though I adore it and try to answer every comment), but I'm realizing (again... it's not a new realization), that I don't add a lot of description.  I don't add all the setting stuff so that you can try and visualize the place. It's one of the things I need to add in when I go back and edit, but honestly, it feels kinda...extra. So... how much description do you need? Do you miss the description of places and things? Clothes? I dunno... what do y'all think?

******

"I think I can see my reflection."

Abby started at the dry comment from next to her, and her hand froze in mid-wiping motion on the table in front of her. Glancing to her right, she spotted Catrina leaning with her hip resting on the back of one chair ringing the circular dining hall table Abby cleaned.

"If you rub that spot anymore, you'll wear a hole in it." The other Omega's smile widened.

Coming out of her self-imposed stupor, Abby's gaze darted around the room to see the other Omega's had already finished their chores. The door closed as a new Omega that Abby didn't know yet exited the large space. She and Catrina were the only ones left in the now empty dining hall. Well, almost the only ones left.

Without moving her head, Abby's eyes searched the shadows surrounding the exit. Nothing moved. Nothing gave him away, but she knew he was there. His burnt sugar scent, diffused by the large hall, still reached out to her curling around her senses like a warm blanket. A warm, sensuous blanket that snaked around her body and between her thighs -

No. There was nothing going on between her thighs.

Nothing.

Really? The little voice inside her head questioned.

When had her Omega become so sarcastic? It was quite rude. She knew what she was feeling. Didn't she?

A tiny trickle of slick escaping and dampening her folds stiffened her spine like a bolt of electric shock. This wasn't happening. She wouldn't allow it to happen. She never wanted to respond to another Alpha again.

Again? She'd never actually responded to an Alpha on her own. She'd rarely even seen another Alpha before her father handed her over to Tobias and Christoph. With Tobias, the only way she'd responded had been through growls and commands that forced her biology to respond with slick in a misguided attempt to appease and please an angry Alpha. She'd never even had a natural heat. She'd only had two so far, and Tobias had forced them on her with illegal heat stimulators so that he could get a time off from the OSF to travel with Christoph. Abby had been left behind to suffer alone.

Heats were awful. She never wanted to have one again. Ever. Phantom pain built low in her abdomen, and she broke out in a cold sweat as she remembered those awful days of feeling like she burned from the inside out. Like a hand had reached in through her channel, wrapped a fist around her insides, and squeezed in an attempt to drain the life out of her. Worse than the pain though... worse than the unrelenting fire that ate at her... the worst was the lust. The absolute raging desire that had her craving a knot.

The first time he'd induced her heat, Tobias hadn't returned until the day after it ended. She'd cleaned up as best she could, but she couldn't air out the house enough to rid the house of her heat-infused scent. He'd dragged her back to the heat room in a near rut, and while the day before, she'd have crawled over glass to welcome him into her scant nest, Abby had had to endure his lust without the haze of heat to blunt the horror.