Denial - Killian

Author's Note: Don't hate me.

Three days after meeting Rodian and developing a plan to bring Alpha Haven to its knees, Killian strode through the corridors of Sanctuary, carefully avoiding knocking into groups of Omegas in the halls. He tipped his head in greeting, having met several during his shifts. None of them tempted him in the way Blossom did, but his very nature burned with rage at the lingering fear and anxiety in their scents. For many of them, the perfume of their fear clung to them like a permanent part of their skin.

He hated it.

Despite everything Blossom had gone through, her scent was still crisp and innocent. When the bitter tang of her fear had hit him the other day, after she'd barely given him a tap on his ass, he'd wanted to burn down the world for her.

He would burn it all down for her.

Alpha Haven and those sick fuckers who like to think of themselves as some kind of gods among Alphas; he'd reduce their world to ash. He had a feeling that Rodian would like to be the one to toss the match on that pyre, but he'd have to get in line.

An Omega shrinking against the wall from his unconscious snarl reminded him of where he was and what was at stake. Stifling the noise coming from his chest, he stopped at the intersection of two hallways and took a deep breath to rein himself in. He felt like he was spiraling out of control. If the rest of his squad could see him now, they'd give him shit for losing his grip on the mission.

Focus. Problem Solve. Kick down the door.

Burn them all.

Fuck!

Taking another deep breath, the faint hint of apples caught his attention, and like a hunting dog on a scent, he turned his head one way and then the other before striding down the hallway to his left. Keeping his steps light and silent, he rounded a corner to a bay window facing out the walled-in courtyard. Sparing a disgusted glance at the still low-hanging branches ringing the perimeter, he focused on the dark-haired beauty occupying the padded seat.

He rarely had the opportunity to observe her. Usually, she was busy working on her assigned chores, heading off to group therapy, or participating in the education programs offered by Sanctuary. This quiet moment of solitude where she hadn't yet scented him was rare so he took full advantage of it.

The fading light filtering through the branches of the trees outside painted her hair and face with shadows, but the sun seemed to reach in to highlight the golden tones and flecks in her eyes. Her honey-colored eyes glowed as she stared out the window with a contemplative look.

He watched for a few more moments until on another inhale, he saw the awareness of his presence register as her eyes shifted from a far-off stare into one of alertness. She didn't turn her head in his direction, but he could tell when she became fully aware of his location.

"Staring isn't polite, Alpha Killian," Abby murmured without taking her eyes off the courtyard.

"I never claimed to be a gentleman, Omega Abby."

Now that she was aware of his presence, he stepped forward until he could feel the warmth coming from her slight form. He wanted to step closer to her and surround her with himself. Cover her in his scent. Press into her from behind until he felt her relax and let her softness melt into his hard planes and angles. Until she couldn't breathe or see or feel anything but him.

With difficulty, he restrained his nearly animalistic need, but he stepped as close as he could without actually touching her. With his height and her position on the bench, her head reached the top of his abdomen. If she'd lean back and give him her weight, she'd feel the steel bar of his cock press in between her shoulders.