EPISODE 8

As Doo-shik reviews the rental contract for Gam-ri’s house, Sung-hyun asks if Hye-jin is dating anyone. Doo-shik hesitates briefly and replies he doesn’t think so, but wonders why Sung-hyun is asking him and not Hye-jin directly. Doo-shik returns to the business at hand but he seems bothered by the question. He leaves in a grumpy mood with Sung-hyun wondering what’s gotten into him.

Yoon-kyung, Geum-chul, and Nam-sook hang out at Chun-jae’s cafe and chat. Talk turns to missing belongings as both Nam-sook and Yoon-kyung have lost clothes recently (Yoon-kyung a dress, Nam-sook a red bra). The men figure the items have been misplaced, not stolen and Chun-jae guarantees that no one would want to steal Nam-sook’s bra (which earns him an arm punch from Nam-sook).

Nam-sook changes the subject to Hye-jin’s relationship with Sung-hyun; she’s sure that Hye-jin’s kicked Doo-shik to the curb in favor of Sung-hyun. Mi-sun arrives just in time to hear Nam-sook declare that both men could do better than Hye-jin. Mi-sun confronts Nam-sook and tells her not to spread false rumors about Hye-jin, but Nam-sook is unruffled despite getting the stink eye from Mi-sun.

Hye-jin is entertaining three visitors at home, Joo-ri, Yi-joon, and Bora. Joo-ri is there for the giant TV (all the better to watch June) while Yi-joon and Bora are visiting their hedgehog, Seumseum. When Hye-jin asks the youngest two about taking Seumseum home, they strategically sip their drinks instead of answering.

Mi-sun returns and is surprised to see the children and Hye-jin laments letting them all in, ha. Mi-sun is still annoyed about Nam-sook’s gossiping ways and away from young, impressionable ears present, Mi-sun gives Hye-jin the rundown of the conversation from the cafe.

Surprisingly, Hye-jin takes everything in stride, she’s already accepted the behavior as part of Nam-sook’s personality. But that doesn’t stop her from getting irritated to hear that everyone agreed that Doo-shik and Sung-hyun were out of her league.

Out on the beach, Sung-hyun is getting a surfing lesson from Doo-shik. Sung-hyun asks why they’re not in the water but Doo-shik assures him that there is a process. Doo-shik leads his student through the basics, but even on land, Sung-hyun struggles to keep his balance. Two of Sung-hyun’s staffers, Ji-won and Do-ha watch the surfing lesson and Ji-won wonders why it feels like more like Doo-shik is hazing Sung-hyun rather than teaching him.

Sung-hyun’s ability to balance on a surfboard doesn’t improve once he and Doo-shik move into the ocean. He’s no quitter though, every time he falls off his board, he gets back up to try again.

Hwa-jung spots Young-guk, now sporting a back brace, as he passes by her restaurant and asks about his injury. Young-guk says he’s fine thanks to his strong bones then asks to speak to her. He dithers a bit, but he finally gets to the point: though they’re divorced, that doesn’t change the fact that they’re old friends. So he wants her to be the first to know that he plans to pursue Cho-hee romantically. Hwa-jung shuts him down and declares Cho-hee off limits. Totally irate, he protests that he married and divorced her because that’s what she’d wanted, so why is she objecting and trying to ruin his life? Ouch. She leaves without another word.

Sung-hyun is still high on the excitement of his first surf but Doo-shik doesn’t share the enthusiasm. He declares that he’s done with surfing and anything beginning with the letter S. That sets Sung-hyun off and he starts listing food starting with the offending letter.