Chapter 10

Despite the seldom peep from Harry and the occasional whisper from a fellow student, the rest of class goes by smoothly.
    "All right everyone, settle down," Teacher says, motioning for us to remain seated. "I know the bell's about to ring, but before I release you, I'd like to talk about the outline for your unit one projects." The class groans but Teacher pretends not to notice. "Seeing as this will be my first year teaching at Darkbreath Academy," his eyes glaze over, "it would be in my best interest to get to know you all a little better. Which is why I'd like for each of you to put together a presentation about yourselves." More groans follow.
    "But Teacher," a fellow student pipes up, "We have to do that every year!"
    "Yeah!" a second student complains, their voice like a jackhammer.
    Teacher sighs, "Okay, okay, that's enough." He waves his hands to silence us. The hairs on his fingers float gracefully through the air, almost as if they're putting on a dance just for me. "In that case, you will each be partnered up with the person sitting next to you." Smiles erupt throughout the classroom, I hear a faint "Hoorah!" from somewhere nearby. Teacher continues, "Your presentation will revolve around you and your partner, as well as what makes you similar and what makes you different." I look around in excitement when all of the sudden, reality hits me with the force of a semi. I freeze before slowly rotating my head towards the person sitting next to me.
    Harry's eyes meet mine and he smirks, "This will be more fun than Brexit!"