THREE

To say Carly Tan was excited would be an understatement. She was beyond ecstatic. She didn't know why.

The girl was only getting ice cream with EJ Caswell. She's gotten ice cream with the boy before. What makes this time any different?

The ride there was filled with a bunch of laughter and off tone singing by the boy. Carly couldn't remember a time she have laughed so hard she almost peed her pants.

"There are too many flavors to choose from." Carly said to the boy as she looked at the flavors displayed in the ice cream shop.

EJ chuckled. "There are."

After 5 minutes of many samples and debating which flavors the girl wanted, which EJ just stood there patiently waiting for the girl to make a decision, the pair finally ordered and paid for their ice cream. They found an empty booth.

"You do take your ice cream seriously." EJ chuckled at the girl.

"Hell yeah I do. If I could eat one food for the rest of my life, it would definitely be ice cream."  

EJ shook his head. "You're quite a unique one aren't you Carls."

"Yeah but you love me for it."

"Can't argue with that." EJ said as he took a lick of his ice cream. "So do you wanna talk about what happened with him or?"

Carly sighed, eating her ice cream. She hasn't told anyone what happened. Not even her best friend or cousin. "What's there to talk about. Paxton and I broke up. End of story." Carly did not want to talk about it. She tried her best to get over it and move on from it. Of course, that didn't happen.

"Ok. You clearly don't wanna talk about it but just know if you need anything, and I mean anything, advice, ice cream, a ride to school, anything. I'm here for you always." EJ smiled at the girl.

Carly smiled at the boy back. "'Thanks EJ." At least Carly was grateful to still have EJ in her life.

"No problem. So how's the team looking? Ready to go back to back CIF champions?

Carly shook her head. "Probably not. I mean we have a promising team for sure but Foothill returned their entire roster too so."

"Can't stand the Foothill Flamingos. They play dirty and nobody ever says anything about it."

"Lily calls them the Foothill Flaminghoes."

EJ chuckled causing the girl to also chuckle. "OMG that's bloody brilliant."

"Yeah it is." And for the rest of the hour, the friends talked about random stuff. Carly didn't realize how much she didn't know about EJ. This was only their second time sitting down and having a proper conversation. The first was their date at this Italian place EJ took the girl. And Carly realized she wanted more of these types of hangouts with the boy.