THIRTY-SIX

Monday came along and Carly had mentally prepared herself to talk to Paxton. She saw the boy at his usual spot with his friends.

"Hey guys." Carly smiled at the boys.

"Little C!" Marcus yelled.

"Love your shoes." Zoe mentioned.

"Thanks. Uh Paxton can we talk?" She asked the boy which he nodded. She lead him to an empty table away from his friends so they wouldn't be able to listen to them.

"What's up?" Paxton asked.

Carly shrugged. "Nothing much. I uh I think we should talk about what happened the other day."

Paxton nodded. "Nothing much to talk about."

"What do you mean?"

"It was a mistake. A heat in the moment as you say."

Carly nodded, a bit disappointed. "Right. Glad we're on the same page."

"And besides I don't want to ruin our friendship because you mean so much to me and us dating was just weird. You know?"

"For sure."

"You doing anything later?"

"Practice for the away game on Wednesday."

Paxton nodded. "Who you guys playing?"

"The Beacon Hill Cyclones. Should be an easy win."

"Well catch me in the stands cheering."

"You know you don't have to be at every game." Carly said to the boy.

Paxton shrugged. "Yeah but I want to. Got nothing else to do. I'll see you later? Maybe we can get some ice cream." Paxton kissed the girl's cheek and walked away to his friends that were calling him.

Carly's mouth was opened. She was very confused. So the boy said the kiss was a mistake, a heat in the moment but yet he does this, it makes no sense.

"Close your mouth or you'll catch flies."