SEVENTEEN

2PM.

2PM was the first softball game of the season.

To say Carly Tan was nervous would be an understatement.

She was absolutely terrified.

Not only were the UCLA scouts were here, but she was bumped to the first batter instead of her usual 3rd. It's like her coaches knew the scouts were here, so they tried their best for the girl to get enough looks to impress the scouts.

It's fine. The girl thought. She's got this. Just pretend like it's any other game.

"Batting for the Sherman Oaks High is the shortstop #2, Carly Tan."

Carly took a deep breath as she walked to the batting box. She's got this. Don't think too much.

"Ball."

Carly heard the umpire say. She did her usual routine in between each pitch.

"Strike."

Carly frowned when she saw a good pitch go by. She should have swung at it. The girl tried to forget about that pitch, getting ready for the next one. She watched as the pitcher from the other team did her wid up. The pitch looked good to her so she swung her bat as hard as she could.

She started running when she saw it fly to left field.

Please be a home run, please be a home run.

Carly heard the crowd roar and the umpire wave his finger signaling it was a home run. She ran around the bases with a smile on her face. Now that's how you start off the season. She high fived her third base coach and was greeted by her teammates. She did a chest bump with Lily as she made her way towards the dig out. She looked up to see her parents, EJ, Eddie, Bryce, Caeleb, and Paxton? What the hell was he doing here?

Carly knew this was going to be a good game for her.