FIFTEEN

"Hey I'm Anessa." Someone Carly has never seen before introduced to the group.

"Lily."

"Carly."

"Eddie."

"Bryce."

"Caeleb."

"I really like your shoes." Lily commented on the girl's shoes.

"Thanks. I got them at Anthropologie." Aneesa said.

"No way they have shoes there?" Carly asked the girl.

Aneesa nodded. "Yeah right next to the accessories."

"No way. We need to go sometime."

"Do you think they'll still be there?" Lily asked.

Aneesa shrugged. "Not sure. Not bad if you look."

"Word. Glad you found someone you guys can talk fashion with." Eddie said causing Carly to roll her eyes.

"Don't act like you don't like it babe."Lily said to the boy, squashing his cheeks.

"You know I hate it when you do that." Eddie swatted her hand away.

"You love it."

"Do not."

"Do too."

"Do not."

"Do too."

"Yeah. See what I have to deal with." Carly said to Aneesa. "It's already weird enough my cousin is dating my best friend, I wouldn't be surprised if they start making out right now."

"They do that?" Carly nodded. "Gross. My mom would never let me have a boyfriend, let alone kiss one."

"Yeah my mom too. She's very traditional so any boy other than my cousin she'll let over. She also hates the partying life, but yet my older brother is in a frat at USC, so."

"No way." Aneesa chuckled. "Wait if you don't mind me asking, are you Asian?"

Carly nodded. She guess it was hard for some people to distinguish her race. Even she was confused on what amounts of each she was. "Yeah. My mom is Vietnamese, born and raised there. Her and my grandparents moved to the US during the Fall of Saigon. That was when my mom met my dad who happened to be living the across the street. My dad is Irish, German, Scottish, because his parents moved around a lot so even they aren't clear on where exactly they're from. And the reason why my last name is Tan is because my dad has 3 older brothers, so it wasn't hard for him to agree to take her last name to carry it on even if my mom has an older brother."

Aneesa smiled when she heard the girl speak. "That's so cute."

"It is. He even learned some Vietnamese to impress her."

"AWWW."

And just like that the two spent the entire lunch talking about random things. Why Aneesa transferred here and what her mom was like. Carly liked talking to Aneesa. She could easily see them be good friends. 

✄-----------------------------

INTRODUCING 

Jonathan Daviss as Bryce 

AND

Austin North as Caeleb 

DID I JUST PUT TOGETHER ALL MY FAVS IN MY BOOK? YES I DID😂

Sooo for anyone who's curious, Carly Tan is actually based on my life. Carly's background is the same as mine I'm half Vietnamese, and half Irish, German, Scottish, it's complicated from my dad's side. So am I pretending I'm Carly and in Never Have I Ever and crushing on Paxton? HELL YEAH I am LOL