[15] Welcome to a Healing Friendship

Montana's Point of View

Less than 2 days left until homecoming. It's Thursday, 6th period, last one of the day.

I stare at the clock, willing it to go faster. Two minutes. One minute. RING RING RING. RING RING RING. RING RING RI- the clock rings before doing it's random stop thing that's become normal.

I jump up from my desk and I'm gone within seconds. I plop down on the bus seat, sighing. Another day gone. Good.

Katniss steps on the bus with Madge, them chatting about nothing in particular. I sigh and turn to the window. I'm not mad at them specifically, I'm more mad at homecoming for kind of squishing us together.

Before it was Kat, Gale, Madge, Thresh, Darius, and me, all of us were best friends. Now it's Madge and Gale arguing, the whole reason they're mad at each other is because they like each other, and I mean like like. Then there's Thresh and Foxface, who fit perfectly together with their quite attitudes and  rarely ever speak, not that Thresh did much before. Darius and I are 'squished' together, which is okay since we still talk to the others. Finally there's Peeta and Katniss, who seem so stuck on making sure the other doesn't have to do anything too difficult.

Yes, the couples created are adorable, I have to admit. But nothing's more adorable than group dates, which is seeming a bit impossible right now.

I feel the seat shift under someone's weight and I turn to see Gale smile at me.

"H-Hi." I greet him, confused. He hasn't talked to me since that incident at his house between him and Madge, well he's kind of been snubbing me, noting my existence but choosing to talk to others but me.

"Hey." Gale said casually. I sat up straighter. What the hell? Darius got on the bus, saw Gale next to me, and sat in the seat in front of us, giving me a questioning look.

"So, any details on homecoming yet?" I asked Gale, not directly approaching the topic of his plan for Madge, yet completely asking him.

"Oh, I have it completely figured out." Gale smirked. I gave him a questioning look, he just help a finger to his lips.

"Well, you only have a few days." I pointed out. Gale just laughed.

"Trust me, I got it." He smirked. I smiled slightly.

"And what is this plan?" I asked.

"That's for me to know, and hopefully no one to find out." Gale said. I rolled my eyes.

"Good luck with that." I sigh. Gale laughs.

"Hey Montey," Madge pokes my shoulder. I look over to her. "We still going to your house today?"

"Yep." I said, popping the p.

"Hey, why wasn't I invited?" Gale asked in his best puppy dog voice. 

"Do you wanna come?" I asked. Gale nodded. I laughed. "Okay, you can come."

Madge didn't seem happy about this, but I chose to ignore her. We chatted about homecoming and math of all things as we drove out of the school driveway.

The bus rumbled down the street, the radio blasting some Justin Beiber songs that our bus driver had turned on. Gale and Katniss complained about the Justin Beiber songs, Gale calling him a sissy and Katniss being surprised that it's a guy singing. At this point you could see the true Belibers, as me and Thresh were singing along doing little dances.

"Dude, that's pathetic." Darius said flatly to Thresh. Thresh just laughed loudly and continued singing along to "One Less Lonely Girl". Though nobody would guess it, Thresh is very in touch with his inner gay man.

"Come on, Dar-dar, you gotta love the Beibs." I said matter of factly. Darius just shook his head with a perfect poker face.

The bus came to a slow stop about three blocks from my house. We all got off the bus and began walking towards the two story house at the end of the road.

We crash into the house, I shove everyone's backpacks into a corner. We immediatly head to the kitchen, stealing a bag of chips from the cupboard and grabbing liter bottles of Coca Cola and root beer. We head upstairs and into my room, which is much more brightly colored than I am. A rainbow comforter over bright pink sheets on my bed, a neon green desk that looks like one from the 1800's school houses, a pink rug stretched over ugly tan carpet, and various little pieces of costumes scattered everywhere around the room.

Me and Madge sit on my bed, Darius spins Katniss on my desk chair, Thresh and Gale bicker about the extreme awesomeness of Beiber. I sigh and smile. This is normal. This is fine.

"Hey guys," Madge gets everyone's attention. Gale glares slightly, but other than that we all pay attention. "Guess what I planned for homecoming?"

"What?" We all ask, except Gale, he just rolls his eyes.

"I got us a effing limo!" Madge grins.

"WE GONNA LOOK FABULOUS IN OUR SEXY LIMO!" I shout, making everyone laugh.

"How'd you afford a limo?" Darius asks.

"My dad said something about going in style?" Madge said, a questioning tone in her voice. I then remember that her dad's mayor.

"What's a limo?" Katniss asks, looking confused. I think she's joking for a second before I remember she's from 'Panem' or whatever.

"It's a really long, really awesome, and really expensive car." I explain. Katniss nods though she still looks confused.

"Speaking of homecoming, do you have a date yet Gale?" Thresh asked. Gale simply shrugged.

"Well if you get one then they can come in the limo too. There's room for twelve in there and we only have nine." Madge pointed out. Gale nodded stiffly.

A awkward silence lapsed across the room for a second before Kat broke it.

"Um, guys," Katniss said quietly. We looked over at her. "So today I was approached by a girl before math. She told me that she's from my dimension."

"What?!" I said, jumping up. She wasn't insane!?

"Yea. She knows how to get back home." Katniss announced.

"Oh my God, really? That's great Katniss!" Madge said, though her voice was a bit saddened. "When are you going home?"

"Th-That's just the thing. She said I'm going home on homecoming night." Katniss stuttered. I blinked at her.

"When?" I pressed.

"Midnight."

"Then you can still go! It ends at midnight!" I cheered.

"But guys," Kat said quietly. "I... I don't know if I really want to go home."

"Oh Kat, you don't have to if you don't want to." Darius said.

"No, come on, Kat. You can't stay here. 'Home is where the heart is' or whatever, right?" Gale pointed out.

"Why can't she? This place is better than what I've heard of her home." Madge argued.

"I don't even know, Kat. You should probably go home." I said.

Katniss stared at us. The votes were tied. She looked to Thresh, who sighed. He smiled faintly at Katniss.

"Do you love your family in your dimension?" Thresh asked quietly. Katniss nodded vigorously. "Then you need to take care of them and go home."

A/N: Keep voting for homecoming queen/king.
and ASDFGHJKL THIS STORY REACHED 1000 READS! Thank you guys so much, I love ya! Don't forget to vote, fan, and comment!