[17] Welcome to Pre-Homecoming

[17] Welcome to Homecoming

[Note: Kat and Montey's POVS happen at the same time]

Katniss's Point of View

The day of homecoming. Holy crap.

Since it's on a Saturday the plan was that the limo would pick up Madge and Marvel at her house, then me and Peeta at mine, Sarah, Gale, Montey and Darius at Darius's House, Thresh and Foxface at Thresh's house, then we'd get a small bite to eat, and then we would head to homecoming and meet everyone else.

I sat in front of my mirror, looking at myself. I was wearing everything that I'd bought, and my hair was styled in big curls. Eyeliner, smokey eye shadow, and red lipstick. The fiery dress looked perfect with the gold necklace and earrings, and I wore short heels that were gold.

Peeta was going to pick me up any minute now, so I grabbed my phone, a bit of money, and the lipstick and shoved it into a small purse. I went downstairs, trying to avoid my family, but I wasn't that lucky.

"Katniss!" Prim gasped, walking out into the hallway. "You look so pretty!"

"Thanks." I say. And just like that, BAM. I'm almost knocked over with the realization. I'm going home tonight. I'll never see this Prim again, I'll see my actual sister. Yet I can imagine my real sister saying exactly what Prim just said. This Prim truly believes I'm her sister, so I smile at her before walking down the stairs and leaving the house.

I wait on the porch steps, not wanting my mom to coo over me and Peeta. After about a minute a car rolls up to my house and Peeta steps out of the passenger seat. I had to admit that he looked good, with a simple black suit and a bow tie. It was kind of cheesy, but it worked well for him.

"Hey Kat." He smiles at me. I smile back.

"Hello." I say. He sits next to me as we wait. For a moment we lapse into a comfortable silence.

"You look really pretty, Katniss." Peeta breaks the silence, then blushes as he realizes that'd he'd said that out loud.

"Uh, thanks." I awkwardly say,unsure as of how to accept compliments.

We sit there for a while again, the silence returning. After a few minutes the limo pulls up, and Montey shouts out the window at us to get in. I smile widely. This would be a perfect finale to my time here.

<><><><><>

Montey's Point of View

So me and Sarah had to be at Darius's house in thirty minutes. I know normally the guy goes to the girl's house, but screw society, right? Dar-dar's house was kind of a meeting point for Gale, Sarah, Darius, and I. From there the limo would pick up the others and then go to the amazing IHOP cause we classy people.

I sighed and looked in the mirror for the umpteenth time in the past hour. My normally lazily done hair is now straightened with a bit of curling also done on it, making it look wavy but a more controlled wavy than my normal out of control frizz. I wore contacts, which I absolutely hated, for the simple reason of making my normally dull and half closed eyes be more noticeable. Thick eyeliner rimmed my eyes, and a layer of blood red lipstick was on my lips, cause even when I look good I still have to be creepy.

Sarah rambled on about who knows what as she applied more light pink lipstick. Mascara and eyeliner rimmed her blue eyes, along with white eye shadow. Sarah's light blond hair poofed at the back before going in cute curls down her back, her bangs pulled to the side and tucked into her poof. Her strapless dress was a pretty light blue with a lacy texture, going in choppy layers to above her knee. Black lace wrapped around the middle of the dress, along with a black bow to tie the whole thing together (I'm so punny). Overall, she looked amazing.

My dress was very simple, red flowy fabric that went just above my knees, with thin black ribbon tying around the middle. It was a strapless dress, which normally I wouldn't go for but in this case I liked. I wore a pair of simple strapy black heels and a chunky wood bracelet that was also black.

 "Sarah, we should probably go soon. We have to be at Darius's in ten minutes." I pointed out.

"Mmk." Sarah said, still applying makeup. I sighed, she's always so distracted.

"Come on, don't wanna keep our men waiting." I wiggled my eyebrows, Sarah rolled her eyes.

After another three minutes of attempting to drag Sarah away from the mirror, we finally are in the car. My sister agreed to drive us, though she's already out of high school. My sis and Sarah go over their normal "Hi fake sister!" before driving to Darius's house.

The second the car stops me and Sarah jump out and run over to Darius's door. I knock on it and we both wait for a minute, slowly freezing to death since we both only have thin fancy-like jackets. The door opens a second later, and Darius pokes his head out from behind the door. He smiles.

" 'Ello!" Darius greets us, letting us in. We walk in and the first thing I see is Gale sitting on the couch in front of the TV, wearing a nice suit that I guessed used to be his dad's since it was a bit over-sized. Darius wore a nice tux, with a epic red bow tie. "Gale, the girls are here." Dar called over to Gale.

Gale made a sound of recognition but didn't really turn around. The plan was that Sarah would pose as Gale's fake date, then we'd go to the dance, Madge would be ditched by Marvel, then Gale would dance with her and my head will explode from the cuteness. Sarah had agreed, and Gale had decided it might work. So we were doing it.

There was a honk from outside, and we all quickly darted outside to see the limo. I squealed and bounced inside, Darius behind me. Sarah and Gale came in as well, and I think it's safe to say that limos are amazing. Madge and Marvel sat on the comfy seats that stretched through the entire interior of the limo, Madge wearing a pretty white dress while Marvel wore what you would expect a jerk to wear: Black jeans and a dress shirt.

Thresh and Foxface were also there, Thresh wearing a nice tux and Foxface wearing a turquoise dress and choker necklace. I smiled at everyone.

"We are truly beautiful people!" I said in my gay man voice. Everyone laughed as we drove up to Katniss's house, where her and Peeta sat on the steps to her porch. Katniss wore a firey orange dress while Peeta wore a simple black tux. They were perfect.

I stuck my head out the window and yelled at them "Get in the van, little children! We have candy!" Peeta chuckled and Katniss looked confused, but none the less they walked towards the limo and got inside. They took a minute to absorb it all before we fell into a comfortable conversation.

We arrived at IHOP, and got a lot of weird looks as we sat down. It was a long table, enough for the eight of us. Everyone got some sort of dinner food except Darius, me, and Madge. I got pancakes, cause I effing love pancakes.

I'm surprised we didn't get kicked out, as Foxface and I decided to go the full breakfast route and get coffee. Bad idea. For once Foxface was actually talking, more like laughing her butt off. I made a mental note to never give her caffeine ever again. But I can't say that I was much better.

When the pancakes came I practically drowned it in the strawberry syrup and ate it happily. Darius seemed to be doing the same thing except with blueberry syrup. All I could say was m-m-m-pancakes.

A/N: IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO MY GUEST STARS!: Please PRIVATE MESSAGE me the following: Your dress for homecoming, accessories, hair style, makeup, and dates description(Choose any name). I'll be fine with pictures, also descriptions if needed. And please private message me! Go to my profile and choose the 'Send a Message' and then tell me! Any descriptions in the comments will be deleted! I want to surprise the other readers!
  And also I'm very sorry for not updating in forever! I would like to say I've been busy, which I've only kind of been, but sadly I've been very distracted by the Internet and anime shows. Internet+Anime+Play Practice+School=Laziness. I'll try to update more regularly!
Thnx~Montey 
P.S: The picture at the side haha