[5] Welcome to the Truth

Katniss's Point of View

The rest of the day went by in a blur, PE, math, cooking, history. I had at least one of my 'friends' at each of my classes, luckily. By the end of the day everyone was piled into three seats on my bus. Thresh and  Gale sat in one seat, me and Madge across the isle, and Montey and Darius in the seat in front of us. I sighed as I saw Prim get onto the bus, followed by a small girl very much like her in size. I decided better than to ask who it was, so I just leaned back in my seat and tried to participate in the conversation.

"What? No! You cannot go to the movies that night! Do you realize what that night is?" Montey stared dumbstruck at Darius, who looked annoyed.

"Homecoming is stupid, just a excuse to dress up." Darius shrugged. Montey shook her head.

"I will drag you by the thumbs onto the stupid dance floor if I have to." Montey threatened him, but he just rolled his eyes.

"He doesn't have a date, that's why he won't go." Thresh chuckled quietly. We all let out a small 'AW' or 'Poor Dar-Dar'

"Whatever." Darius mumbled, looking pissed off. I couldn't help but grin slightly, this Darius was so different than the Darius at home, yet almost the same.

The bus stopped at the corner, and we all began to shuffle off. Once the last person's foot hit the sidewalk the bus was off, halfway down the block already. I sighed and began to follow everyone towards 'my' house.

As we crashed inside the house, we all dropped our bags on the floor and went into the kitchen. After Thresh and Gale had arm fulls of snacks, we migrated up to my room, where we dropped all the stuff on the floor and created a circle around it. As everyone began to discuss homecoming again, I began to wonder if I should tell them what was going on with me. I ended up thinking so hard that Darius gave me a weird look.

"You okay, Kat?" Darius asked. Everyone looked towards me, and suddenly I felt very exposed.

"Um, not really." I started. "I'm kind of confused."

" 'Bout what?" Montey ventured.

"Well, um..." I had to put this into words, but how? "I...I don't remember any of this... Like, school or anything."

"The hell does that mean?" Gale asked.

"I was in the forest, with you-" I pointed to Gale, who looked confused. "And we climbed a tree to wait to go home. But I got a idea to drop down, but I hit the ground and blacked out, then woke up here."

"Have you gone crazy?" Montey asked. "If so, then it's either schizophrenia or possibly a split personality disorder." I gave her a weird look.

"Well, if you remember Gale, then were the rest of us there?" Madge asked.

"Um, I remember you, Darius, and Prim." I said. Thresh frowned slightly, and Montey looked pissed.

"Well how'd you get here?" Thresh asked.

"I don't know, I just hit the ground then woke up here!" I moaned, frustrated.

"Are you dead?" Montey asked. I gave her a 'WTF?' look.

"Okay, did you experiance any pain when you hit the ground?" Gale asked, looking at me curiously.

"Um, no not really. I barely felt anything." I reply.

Montey randomly stood up. "TO THE INTERNET!" She announced, running out of the room. We all scrambled to follow her downstairs, where she sat at a small computer. She clicked on a icon and a Internet browser popped up. We crowded around the desk.

"What would you search for something like that?" Montey asked, eager to type.

"Um, I don't know. Look up amnesia, it might be that." Madge replied. Montey quickly searched amnesia and clicked on a website. She scanned it, went back, scanned a different website, and repeated this about five times before shaking her head.

"How 'bout you type in paralell universes." Gale suggested. Montey typed it in, and scanned about three sites before shouting 'AH-HA!'

"It says something about living in another life. Like, we, us now, living in a completely different dimension." Montey summerized. "But it doesn't say anything about being able to go between them or anything."

"Well at least we have something." Darius sighed.

"Wait, you guys actually believe me?" I ask, now noticing how insane I must've sounded at that moment.

"Sure," Thresh said. "You have been acting kind of weird today."

"I think it's a mental thing, but I'll look into it. It's logical enough, I think." Montey shrugged. Madge and Darius nod.

"I don't know why you'd lie, so I'm willing to believe you." Gale said, smiling at me slightly. I feel a bit better, knowing that Gale actually knows me in this place, one close friend on both places, I'm hoping.

"We can help you get back home." Madge smiled. I'm so glad these are my friends.

"Wait, where's Prim?" Darius randomly asked.

"What?" Prim pops her head around the corner, the girl she got on the bus with standing next to her.

"Oh, hey Rue." Thresh said, smiling at Prim's friend. Rue smiled at him and waved slightly. I didn't give it much thought though.

"Sorry, just wondering where you were." Darius smiled. Prim just rolled her eyes and escaped around the conrner, Rue in tow. I gave him a ' 'the hell?' look, he just shrugged.

"Wait! What if it was all a dream!" Montey randomly yelled. Madge rolled her eyes.

"This is reality, not Inception." She sighed.

For some reason that struck me as a funny sentence. Was this reality? It might be their reality, but it's not mine. My reality was back home in the woods. But this reality might be better, I'm not starving, my family seems fine. This is where I want to be, but not where I belong. Why must this be so complicated?