[7] Welcome to Midnight

Katniss's Point of View

It's12:00 AM, and I'm searching the Internet for anything on alternate dimensions. I'm beginning to feel a bit homesick, I need to get home. I type in parallel universe, only to find that I don't understand any of the terms that they're using. Why can't this just be easy?I sigh and turn off the computer.

I go upstairs into my bedroom and face plant on my bed. Suddenly, a annoying buzz comes from my backpack. I pick up my head from my pillow and look at my bag. Hesitantly, I slide off the bed and creep over to my backpack. With a quiet ZIP I open the bag to see a small square machine. A phone?

I pick it up and press a button that makes the screen light up, to see a banner across the screen that says '1 NEW MESSAGE' on it. I click on the banner and the screen goes to a white message center. According to the grey bar at the top I'm talking with Darius.

[Hai kat. wats the homwerk in english?]  He said. I could just barely understand the spelling he used. I typed back [Vocabulary worksheet].

I thought that by then I could stop texting, but then my phone buzzed again. This time it was Madge. [Kat, i have a problem] [What] I typed back. My phone buzzed.

Darius: [thanx kat] He texted. I didn't text back. Buzz.

Madge. [Gale. he's my problem] She sent. To this I replied [Why?] Buzz.

Gale texted me now. [is madge ignoring me?] he asked. I replied [Possibly. right now she's talking to me.] Buzz. Buzz.

Madge. [cuz he's gale.] At this I sighed. [Explain.] I typed and sent. Then I looked at Gale's message. [crap] was all he said. [What] I sent to him. Buzz.

Madge [he's a jerk he didn't even see it when i gave him 'the look'] Me: [The look?] Buzz.

Gale. [shes being a beach right now] A moment later another text came from him [Ducking auto-correct!] [How's she being a beach?] I texted. Buzz.

Madge. [Ugh. nvm.] [Now im curious. what'd gale do?!] I respond. RIING RINNG RINNG

I jump as the phone rings. I quickly pick up the call.

"Um, hello?" I say.

"YOUKNOWWHATGALEDID!HEFREAKINGTEASESMEALLTHETIME!!" Madges voice shouts into the phone so fast that it sounds like gibberish.

"Madge! Slow the hell down! Breathe," I ordered. I heard her take a deep breath. "Now repeat." I instructed.

"Gale needs to pay attention to other people! Jeez! He like didn't even care when I-" She abruptly stopped. "Oh my God. Katniss, he's calling me." She breathed.

"PICK.IT.UP." I ordered.

"Okay, okay. Goodnight!" She said panicked. The line went dead and I sighed. I ended my side of the call and looked to see that Gale had texted me twice before Madge called.

[I'M GOING TO CALL HER. THEN I'LL ASK HER WHY SHE'S BEING A BEACH.] then [MOTHER DUCKING AUTO CORRECT!! I'M GONG TO SMASH MY PHONE AGAINST THE FIRING WALL]

I sighed and fell into bed. I turned off the screen of my phone and looked at my clock. 12:10. All that had just happened in ten minutes... Ugh.

A/N: Hope you enjoyed, people will start guest starring in Chapter 9!