07- True Character

"Charlotte. Hey wake up." She shuttered at my touch. "It's okay it's Nova. It was just a nightmare. Your okay." I sat down beside her to calm her down.
"Want to talk about it?" I asked her. She obviously had some kind of trauma. She shook her head rapidly and I tried to comfort her another way. I put my arm around her and pulled her in closer.
"When i was little, and I had a nightmare, my brother would always hold me like this and tell me to close my eyes and think of something nice. It always worked for me. Why don't you try it?" I held her tight against my body and whispered, "close your eyes and think of something nice." I told her once more. I sat there with Charlotte beside me until she fell asleep. I wonder what Charlotte did to be in the skybox at 13. I mean I was in the skybox at 13 but she seems like a good kid. It had to be bad because she is having nightmares over it. I laid my head gently on top of hers and fell asleep beside her.

"So what you a babysitter now?" I woke up with gentle movements trying not to wake up Charlotte. I look up to see who said that and I saw Bellamy Blake standing over me. "This isn't what I meant when I said go enjoy yourself." He said with a smirk.
"She was having a nightmare. She was screaming in her sleep." I told him.
"Your a real softie aren't you?" He said. I put Charlotte's head against the fallen tree and looked back up at Bellamy. I kicked his legs out from under him and he fell and dropped to the ground. He fought back but I managed to get my knee in his gut and my hands on both of his arms to hold them down.
"Yeah, real softie. But so are you." I said as I got up off of him. He sat up, "how?" he asked.
"With Octavia. And I've seen you talk to Charlotte before. You didn't act like a big idiot around her because you didn't really care what she thought. You showed her your true self and you've showed me when it's just us." He stares up at the sky.
"Huh. Your smarter than you look."
My mouth drops open and I push his shoulder. He laughs and smiles. His smile is nice and gentle but no one would know because he never smiles. He always so serious. But I like the happy Bellamy better.

I look over towards Charlotte. "Ya know. Your all Murphy talks about. It's always Bellamy said we have to do this. And Bellamy said we have to do that."
I grin. "It's the same with you. He doesn't stop talking about how wreck less you two were. And how wreckless you still are." He said.
"What's he talking about? He's just as wreckless maybe even more." I said trying to defend my side. I started laughing as his big brown eyes start to sparkle. I look back and see Miller with a torch coming towards us.
"Nova. Clarke said your breaks over." He said.
I looked back towards Bellamy and huffed, "it looks like she caught me." i said and stood up. I walked over to Charlotte moved the hair that had fallen Over her face out of the way. I walked back with Miller towards the dropship.