10- Slayed Her Demons

I hear a vague scream and i slowly open my eyes. Charlotte and Bellamy are still right beside me. Charlotte Snuggled up against me on my left and Bellamy sound asleep on my right. His arms are wrapped around my waist and my hands and on top of his. Then a scream echos throughout the cave again. Its Charlotte having another nightmare. I shake her awake and she lets out one last scream. This scream is loud enough to wake up the sleeping Bellamy. He jerks awake and looks around frantically. "Its okay. It was just Charlotte. I thought you were on first watch?" I asked with a smile. He realized the position we were in and let go of my waist. "Charlotte. Wake up. Its just another nightmare. Its okay. " She opens her eyes and starts to breath heavy. "Your okay. Look Were still here." I moved out of the way so she could she that Bellamy was still beside me.

"Charlotte whats wrong?" Bellamy asked her. "Is it the demons in your nightmares?" Charlotte shook her head. "You gotta slay your demons when your awake so they're not there to haunt you in your sleep." He said. Surprisingly it made since. "You still have the knife I gave you?" Charlotte pulls out a makeshift knife. Bellamy grabs the knife, "Now when your scared you hold on tight to this knife and say 'screw you i'm not afraid.' okay? you try it. " He hands her back the Knife and Charlotte repeats multiple times. "screw you i'm not afraid. " I smile at her. "Now why don't we try to go to sleep again. Just close your eyes and think of something nice." I told her. I held her close and laid back down with her. Bellamy laid back down next to me and I reached my hand towards his. I grabbed his hand slowly and held onto it until i fell asleep. I didn't want Charlotte to know but I was terrified but i'm pretty sure Bellamy could already tell.

The next morning we all woke up and Bellamy had told us that the fog had cleared. I walked out of the cave entrance and Charlotte behind me. Bellamy starts calling out for Jones and the others he was hunting with. We met up with them but Atom wasn't with them. I walk off looking for Atom then I heard Charlotte scream again. But this time she was already awake. I ran over to her and Bellamy was standing beside her. They were both staring at the ground. I walked up and saw Atom laying on the ground covered in boils. His eyes were clouded over and he had trouble breathing. I kneel down next to him and Bellamy orders everyone back to camp. I take hold of his hand. "Atom it's Nova." I said to him trying to hold back my tears. "Your gonna be okay." I sniffled and looked up to Bellamy who always staring at Atom with the knife in his hand. I took the knife out of his hand and started to him softly. I ran my fingers through his hair a few times and squeezed his hand. "It's gonna be okay." I whispered one last time. I pointed the knife at the side of his neck and slide the knife gently into his carotid artery and pulled to knife back out. He started to have trouble breathing but I kept humming to him. Then his body stopped moving.

I put my hand up to my mouth and started to let the few tears I held back fall down my cheeks. I ran my fingers through his hair one last time. Bellamy put his hand on my shoulder and pulled me up to my feet. "We need to get back."
He said softly. I nodded and started to head back to camp. The kids Bellamy had sent to camp earlier had returned with a gurney. They out Atom on it and they carried him back into camp. Clarke, Finn and Wells walked up to the gate about the same time we did. Octavia rushed out of the dropship but Clarke tried to stop her from seeing atoms body. I tried to block the gurney from her point of view with my body but it didn't work. She pushed past Bellamy and realized it was Atom. Octavia runs off max at Bellamy but there was nothing he could do.
I walked over to Murphy, " Did the fog reach here last night?" I asked him. "Yeah. We all had to get in the dropship with Jasper all night." Bellamy walks over to us I sat down on the fallen tree while he talked to Bellamy. "I tried to kill Jasper but you physco little sister-"
"My what?" Bellamy asked grabbing Murphy's shirt and holding it tight.
"Your little sister." He corrected himself and Bellamy let go. "Stopped me." He finished his sentence. Bellamy left and Murphy threw his knife into the tree and it sticks. "Nice throw. Looks like you practiced while you we were gone." I said. He grabbed his knife from the tree and plopped down beside me. "What happened out there?"
"Well was with Clarke, Finn and Wells. We got the seaweed then the fog chased us back towards the dropship and I got split off from everyone else. I ran into Bellamy and then Charlotte and Atom. We ran into a cave but Atom must've fell behind because he never made it to the cave. We stayed there for the night then when the fog cleared we found Atom. Then we headed back here." We sat there for a little bit until I fell asleep.