13-Taken

We had to clean Murphy's wounds every few hours so it didn't get infected. I woke him up Witt a shake, "come on we gotta go clean your ugly face." He scoffed and started to get up. I opened the door and checked to see if anyone was around. I hopped out and helped him up and we started walking to another river we passed on our way here. It was closer than the last one. We sat down and cleaned his face again. I heard rustling in the forest but i just thought it was an animal. We kept washing off the blood and then a grounder came out and attacked us. I got up and tried to get Murphy up fast but the grounder was faster. He reached us as we were hobbling off. He had a makeshift knife in his hand. He swing the knife towards my face. I ducked but not enough. I had a 2 inch gash in my forehead starting at my hair line. I pulled out my knife. And threw it at him. It stuck him in the hand which gave us just enough time to get away. Murphy had already started to run and I caught up him him quickly. I threw his arm around me and we kept running. Murphy was slowing me down the grounder was arlready moving again. We reached the tree line and I hid Murphy under a fallen log.
"When he has passed run towards the automobile I'll meet you there."
"Nova he's gonna kill you!"
"Not if he can't catch me." I said and ran off. The grounder was definitely going to catch me but I didn't want him to know that. I kept running and running. He started to catch up and I hid behind a tree. He ran passed the tree I hid behind and I attacked him with the knife Murphy gave me. I slashed him in the back but as soon as he turned around he got me back on my arm. It was a constantly back and forth. I dodged. He dodged. Then he kicked my knee, I heard my bones crack and then my knee couldnt hold the weight of my body and collapsed to the floor. I fell to the floor and swept him out from under his feet and put his knife he dropped through his hand and stuck it to the ground. I started hobbling and ended up crawling back towards Murphy. But then I saw multiple grounders walking away. And they were dragging my brother. They got him. I started to go after him but the grounder I was fighting came behind me and hit me on the back of the head. I hit the ground with a thud and my eyes shut. The last thing I saw my Murphy struggling to get free.

I woke up a few hours later. I could tell by the position of the sun. I had no idea where they would've taken Murphy. My forehead was burning and my knee was in so much pain. I put my hand to my forehead and pulled it back. Blood was all over my hand. I looked at my arm and it was bleeding too. I started to get up but I couldn't put any weight on my leg. I crawled back towards the river but I had ran further back than I thought. I made it to a tree and leaned against it to rest. I hadn't had any sleep and I wasn't getting anywhere crawling like this. I went to sleep right there in the open. Worst thing that could happen is the grounder comes back to finish the job. I closed my eyes and relaxed for the first time since staring at the stars with Atom.

I woke up during the night surprisingly I was still alive. I was still weak and tired so I went back to sleep. I slept until noon the next day. I started to crawl towards the river again when I heard screaming. I crawl behind a bush. The screaming got louder and I heard people approaching fast. Was it the grounders again or the other kids.
I sat there holding my breath. Then they came around the corner. I pulled my knife and hoped toward the figure with my one good leg. Instead of attacking me and arms caught me. I looked up and it was Bellamy.
"Nova?" He asks. Then the fog horns blows and that only meant one thing. Acid fog.

They pull out the tent and we all drop to the ground and pull the tent over us. "Where's Murphy? " Bellamy asks. "He's gone." I said and looked back towards Bellamy with tears in my eyes. "They attacked us and I hid him inside a fallen tree and I led the grounder away from him. We started fighting and we both slashed each other with the knife. He kicked my knee and I think he broke it. When I finally got back the other grounders had taken Murphy alive. They didn't kill him. But the grounder knocked me out and he didn't kill me either. "
'Well they just killed Roma and John" said someone from inside the tent. "What are y'all doing out here? This is grounder territory. " I asked.
"Octavias missing." Bellamy said.
"They probably took her too. Now you know how I feel." I said with a stern face.
"Nova i'm sorry i was-"
"Just doing what you had to, to survive. I get it. I wouldn't have done what you did but i still would have done what I had to. "
"Are we good?"
"Bellamy, you almost killed him. Just because I understand why you did it doesnt mean were gonna be best friends. He's my brother. "
"Will you ever forgive me. " I could tell he had been bothered by this topic.
"I dont know." I said. He wiped the blood off of my eyebrow, "Please?" He said. I looked away, We've all done things we regret, that's why we're down here. I wasn't going to just forgive him. I mean he still has a death threat on Murphy. We all laid there for hours until we were sure that the fog wasn't coming. When we pulled the tent off of us i saw a grounder running through the woods. "Bellamy" I Whispered i patted him on the arm and pointed towards the grounder. We followed the grounder hoping he would led us towards Murphy or Octavia.

After awhile of following the grounder he went inside a hole in the ground. We waited a few minutes then we followed him into the hole. Bellamy leaded with me behind him with Finn helping me walk. When we walked around the corner we saw Octavia standing over an unconscious grounder. Bellamy and Octavia hug. "Octavia have you seen murphy?"
"I thought you were banished into the woods. " she says.
"Murphys banished, not her." Bellamy said.
"No i havent seen anyone except him. We need to leave before he wakes up." She said
I look at the gorunder and i see a fog horn on his belt. I let go of Finn trying to help me and bend down beside the grounder. He set off the fog horn to save us. I grab the fog horn but then the grounder turns over and stabs me in the lower part of my side. I gasp as he stabs me put my hand on the knife. Blood is all over my hand. Not again.