12- The Edge

"Charlotte! Charlotte!" I had been screaming for hours. I heard the leaves behind me crunch. I looked back and realized that it was Charlotte.
"Nova?" She said and started to walk closer.
"Apparently I need to explain what slay your demons means." I tell her with a stern face.
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean for Murphy to get hurt. I didn't mean for anyone to get hurt." She said.
"Charlotte you can't just going around killing people because it makes you feel better. When Bellamy said slay your demons, he meant figuratively not literally." I raised my voice a little bit towards the end.
"Where is Bellamy?" She asked.
"Probably our looking for you." I said.
"I'm right here." He said walking behind Charlotte. When I saw his face I just wanted to start screaming at him for following me. But Charlotte was standing in between us and there's already enough tension. I sighed out loud and Bellamy started approaching Charlotte. He grabbed her arm and started walking.
"We have to get you somewhere safe." Bellamy said kinda of demanding. Charlotte pulled away from him. "Stop protecting me I'm not your sister." She said. "Charlotte were just trying to help you." I said.
"MURPHY! HERE I AM!" Charlotte yelled throughout the whole forest.
"Charlotte! Murphy isn't the only dangerous force out here. This is the grounder territory!" We all start running but Charlotte is resisting. We keep running until we reach the edge of a cliff. I turn around and I step in front of Charlotte. Bellamy steps in front of me. "I don't need your protection. I can fight my own battles." I told him but he didn't budge. I tried to move around him but he put his hand on my arm and pulled me back behind him.
Murphy and his group showed up to the cliff and so did Clarke and Finn.
"Hand her over Nova." Murphy said.
"Murphy's she's a child. We can punish her another way. We don't have to kill her." I told him.
"you were fine with them killing me?" He said and tears started to fill his eyes.
"No! I was trying to stop them. They held me back. I cut they rope to let you down. I would never let them kill my brother."
"Well Bellamy was fine with it. Weren't you king Bellamy?" He asked Bellamy. I looked at Bellamy who was still standing in front of me. He looked away.
Murphy grabbed Clarke and held a knife to your throat. "Give Charlotte to me and I'll let her go."
"Murphy stop! This isn't who your are! This isn't my brother! Sure your rough around the edges but this isn't you. This is who you thinks Bellamy wants. Well guess what. Screw his opinion."
"Enough! I don't want anyone else to get hurt because of me." Charlotte said. She turned around and walked off the edge of the cliff.
"No!" I yelled. I fell to my knees and scrambled to the edge of the cliff. I saw her small body disappear as she fell through the trees. I started to cry and Bellamy put his hand on my shoulder. "Get off of me!" I yelled at him and pulled my shoulder away.
Bellamy and Murphy start fighting again but all I could think about was Charlotte.
"He deserves to die Clarke!" Bellamy yelled.
"So do we." I said, " why do you think they sent us down here. We're expendable. We all deserve to die. Half of the kids standing here already killed people." I said while staring over the cliff.
"I was wrong before. We need rules. Well Banish Murphy." Clarke says. I jerk my head towards her.
"What?" I said.
Bellamy picks up Murphy and holds him near the edge. "If you ever come back to camp I'll kill you myself." Bellamy said.
"Get your hands off of him." I said. Bellamy looks towards me, "you can go back to camp with us or you can go with Murphy and die."
"We're all gonna die anyways might as well be with him." I said I got up and threw Murphy arm around me to help support him. "Nova are you crazy?" Bellamy asked me.
"So you wouldn't go if it was Octavia?" There was silence, "that's what I thought." I started walking into the forest with my bruised brother.

Murphy was grunting in pain. I told him to be quiet. I could hear water near by. We hobbled over towards the river and I sat him down. I cleaned his wounds.
"Nova you shouldn't have came. You just gonna die too."
"Your my brother. Even if you did kill wells I would've still been on your side. He was a nice guy but it was coming to him. Plus I would rather die with you than live without." I smiled and he grunted as the water touched his face wound. He had a bruise ring around his neck from the noose. "Murphy, that was stupid. That's not you. I don't care what you have to say about this but next time you act like that I might just kill you myself. I know a place where we can sleep come on let's go."
I said. I finished cleaning his wounds and we got back up and headed towards the automobile Clarke, Finn, Wells, and I found earlier.
We made it there when the sun came up but I was so tired I could sleep all day and night.
I helped him down into the automobile and I shut the door and we both fell asleep in a split second.