The Flames of Youth

Gaara-chan is best girl XD

Hinata and I finally made it to the training grounds, knowing this to be Lee's usual haunt, I looked around eagerly, desperate to meet one of my favorite Naruto characters.  In the background, I could hear a loud thumping sound, followed by an all-so-familiar grunt.  My prey is near, I must track him.  Looking around normally proved to be fruitless, so I quickly activated my [Sekigan]. My pupil rapidly expanded until it covered the entire surface of my right eye before it quickly became flushed with blood, turning it red.  Veins bulged around my eyes, on my cheeks, and on my temples, signifying its full activation.  I heard Hinata gasp, and I saw her, using my perfect three-sixty degree vision, look at me in confusion.

Hinata: (Y-Y/n)! Your eye!

Y/n: Relax Hinata, it's just my family dojutsu, nothing to be worried about.

Hinata's eyes widened further, she quickly activated her Byakugan and began examining my right eye.

Hinata: It's... just like my Byakugan... wow!  I didn't know the Iwatani Clan had a Dojutsu...

Y/n: It's a tightly held secret, but I trust you!

I gave Hinata a warm smile, causing the shy girl to turn scarlet.

On the outside, I looked warm and inviting, but on the inside, I was cursing myself for my foolishness.  A Dojutsu is heavily sought after, I need to be more careful how and when I use it.

Brushing my fears away I used my Sekigan to search the grounds for Rock Lee, eventually finding him in the back kicking a large log.  As I examined him, I took a quick peek at his chakra network and it looked... odd.  Well, not odd, reversed, like all the Chakra Point's are facing inward instead of outwards like they're supposed to.  I scratched my head curiously, that must be why he can't use Ninjutsu or Genjutsu, his Chakra Network is deformed.  Damn... that's even sadder than it was portrayed in the anime or manga.  In the Anime he simply says he doesn't have the talent for it... in reality, he completely lacks the ability.  However, the way his Chakra Network is aligned, explains his talent for Taijutsu, as his body is constantly flowing inwards, strengthening his body, instead of outwards.  He can't use Ninjutsu or Genjutsu but getting punched by him would probably kill most Shinobi...

Y/n: I've found him, put on your best smile Hinata, we're about to make a new friend... and a new rival hopefully.

Hinata gulped nervously but tried to comply anyway, smiling weakly.

We both walked over to Lee's position, seeing the driven youth practicing a bevy of kicks and punches on a worn-down log.  In the background, training with a sword is Tenten.  Deciding to ignore her for the moment, I cautiously walked right up to Lee, Hinata hiding shakily behind me.  I cleared my throat to politely gain his attention.  Lee stopped abusing his wood for a second and turned to us with a big bright smile.

I waved politely, running through my introduction through my head.

Y/n: Hello, I am Iwatani Y/n, and this is Hyuga Hinata, we're both academy students, soon to be Genin, and we've... I've heard quite a bit about you.

Rock Lee beamed happily, giving us both an ecstatic thumbs up.

Lee: That's the spirit!  I believe you both will make excellent ninja!

How the hell was this guy NOT the main Character.

Y/n: Well Lee-sama, my friend and I have been in need of a sparring partner for some time, someone strong and youthful.  Basically, we need a rival to help propel us into the heights of the Shinobi world.  And I could think of no one better than you!