8

"Grandma we are home " kevin said running inside throwing his bag on the ground,  on his way to his grandma .

"Kev baby I have  told you not to throw your bag ....oh you have company " said his grandma looking at Stacey after she hugged KJ .

"Yeah she is my friend , we go to the same college. " he said ,  his eyes glittering at the explanation he was giving .

"Oh is it , then she can also join us for lunch." said grandma .

"Hello grandma , I am Stacey woods.  " she  introduced herself with the best smile she had.

"Where's grandpa ? " KJ asked wandering his eyes allover the appartment to find his grandpa.

"He went out for a while to get somethings I asked for ."

.
.

KJ's grandma was in the kitchen preparing lunch with Stacey  as she insisted on helping with the lunch . KJ and his grandpa were in the living area having some deep talk.

"Stacey can you please call them , the food is ready . " asked grandma .

"Yeah sure grandma " she replied and called out to them .

"Kevin , grandpa the food is ready . Come on " she said .

To this grandma looked at her and then back to what she was doing . They all had their lunch like a normal family with tasty food on the table and giggles and love all over the place .

.
.
"Grandma , grandpa I think it's time for me to leave . It really was nice meeting you two.  Thankyou for having me . " she said .

"Wait I'll come .." KJ said .

"No it's fine it's still bright outside.  You should spend some time with them . I am fine " she said and left bidding her goodbyes again .

"Sweet girl " said grandpa .
.
.
.

At night KJ was laying on his grandma's lap in her room and his grandpa by her side.

"You really surprised me this time " KJ said.

"Did we ? It's because we didn't meet our little boy last time we decided to meet. Yeah by that topic being talked about why didnt you come last time. You never told me about it ."

"Nothing special just , I slept in that day . "

"Did you . "

He was playing with her fingers when suddenly his grandma broke the silence .

"Kevin "

"Yeah gramma "

"Baby even if I never liked the way you live right now ,  I have never blamed you for any of this because it was not your fault from the beginning. It was all my son's and her wife's fault . Your dad and mom were at fault ..."

"Don't call them my parents and I don't want to hear anything related to them ...."

"Listen .."

Even though his grandma adored him and he loved her the most but when his grandma was angry he never could refute to her. Not to forget that she was the most intimidating when she was serious .

Kevin just sighed to the word .

"Kevin , but the thing is the way you live should not upset the girl who came today ."

"Who ? Stacey .? She is just a friend and there is nothing I would do to hurt her ."

"Kevin , I feel bad for the way you live but if you hurt her feelings that will not be good at all and that might upset me . So if you love her , then make her yours so that no-one can take her away from you . And make yourself as such no-one can take you away from her . Understood ?"

"I said we are friends ."

"You aren't idiot .."

"Grandma ...how can you be so sure about it."

" First thing you brought her home ...."

"I bring a lot of girls home ."smirks and winks . His grandma hits his head and says " even when you knew we were home ? No you didn't , she is the first person you have introduced us to . Second thing she calls you Kevin .That's enough for my suspicion to be correct . "

"So what, if she calls me Kevin that's my name ."

"Is it. You never let others call you that unless it is us . Otherwise it's always that stupid acronym of yours - KJ . So stop arguing and let her know about your feelings . Now go back and sleep . *Kisses forehead *goodnight ."

"Goodnight , goodnight grandpa " KJ said and went back to his room .

"Why would you force things on him and tell him such things so easily. " asked grandpa to grandma .

"Easily.? You know how much thought I gave it , to finally say those things to my poor kid . I just want him to stop living this awful life and have a nice one instead and I think she is the one who can help him to find that life ."

"Let's hope for good "

.
.
.
.

Stacey

Hey Stacey

Can you meet
after class.

Yup sure

.

"Hey , why did you want to meet me , suddenly . Everything's fine right . Is there anything bothering you ? "

"Actually I wanted to tell you something. "