18. To the Moon and Back

I have a book trailer on the side. Check it out and let me know what you think, of the video and the chapter. Please and thank you. 

__________________________________

Laura's POV

It was dark by the time I woke up and remembered I was still at Chris' grandparents house. Somehow he manuvered his way on top of me. His head was on my stomach and my hands were tangled in his hair. It was a really interesting position that most girls would die to be in.

I wondered what time it was. We had to have been sleeping for a few hours, at least six. And in truth I did feel a lot more relaxed and rested. 

I subconsciously began brushing away the stray hairs from Chris' face. No longer was his face strained with tension. He had a peaceful look replacing it. My finger began to trace the planes of his long cheek bones to his jagged jawline. He had a perfect masculine face, so beautiful and unique. 

I quickly took my hand away. What was I thinking? I needed to get out of here. I gently twisted my body so that he could be the one laying on the sofa. Surprisingly his arms loosened around me while I struggled to get up. Well that was easier than I thought. 

Chris barely even stirred in his sleep. I guess he really was tired. I quietly went to the door and managed to close it behind me without making much of a noise.

Once I got into my car I checked my phone. I had one text from Will and three missed calls from Dania. I played the message she left me and almost cursed. Tonight was supposed to be Jamie's surprise birthday party. I completely forgot. Dania must be really mad at me. 

I started my car and wasted no time driving to the party. I could at least make an appereance. I made it in without anyone really noticing me. That was good. Just blend in like I've been here the whole time. I literally laughed at myself. Perfect plan. 

I took a drink off the table and casually walked around the crowd of people. I stopped in the far corner just in time to get the full show of Leslie being hit on. 

"You're so beautiful Leslie." Brad tried his best to flatter her. He wasn't a bad looking guy he just always came off as too desperate; which is a major turn off. 

Leslie shrunk back a bit. She was honestly too self conscious about herself. She was a beautiful girl but for some reason she didn't see it; but than again what girl isn't a little self conscious. 

"Right," she replied. Leslie looked a little uncomfortable about the subject. 

"You don't believe me?" Brad went on; taking a step closer to her. 

Her eyes narrowed and I could tell she was contemplating if he was being real or not. I wasn't even sure. Brad was such a smooth talker. For all Leslie knew he could have probably already been hitting on her sister Demi too. I wouldn't put it passed him. 

Leslie shook her head discreetly to get her point across.

Brad frowned. "I'll prove it to you and everyone else here. I'll kiss you, in front of everyone."

I didn't quite see how that was proving his point about her beauty but ok. 

Leslie looked a little horrified. "No that's okay. I'd rather not kiss you." 

"Oh no. You won't have to do anything. I'll do all the kissing." 

That was when I couldn't contain my laughter anymore. I almost burst into laughing tears too, that's how bad it was. 

"Good one Brad." 

Both Leslie and Brad turned towards me. If I wasn't mistaken I saw Brad's face go pink. Leslie was having a kick out of it just as much as I was. "Does that line typically work for you?"