19. Nowhere To Go

Hey sorry it took so long. I've been busy editing things. I want to get these books published soon so sorry for the delay. Enjoy.

___________________________________________

Laura's POV

Suprisingly I sleep really well the night after the party. I guess I could thank all those hours of work. Because I know otherwise the night's events would have kept me up. 

Chris. Chris kissed me. 

I was disgusted with myself. I had a boyfriend and instead of pushing Chris away, I kissed him back...hopelessly. Guilt was quickly swallowing me whole. I had to tell Will. I couldn't keep something like that from him. 

God, he deserved someone so much better than me. 

"Laura!" 

I nestled closer into my blankets to hide from my approaching visitor. I knew it was Demi. She sounded really determined as she swung open my door and called my name again. 

"Whaaattt?" It was too early for this. 

"Dude," she said jumping on my bed. "What happened to you last night? That game was major intense with you and Chris." 

"Really." I got up and rested against the headboard. She was eagerly waiting for me to continue like a puppy waiting for a treat. Was my life really a soap opera and the only form of entertainment for her? "I didn't notice."

"Pah," she exagerrated. "Don't start talking gibberish now. Come on woman, spill. The last thing I saw was Chris walking out the door after you." 

I trusted Demi and the fact that she already knew about mine and Chris' twisted relationship help me explain the night's event.

"I think he wants me back." 

Demi nodded in agreement. "That much was obvious from last night. He'd apparently die for you." 

I rolled my eyes. "Then why didn't he call? I just don't understand. What does he really want?"

Demi moved in closer, getting ready to defend Chris. She was all for Team Chris. I never understood why either. I mean wouldn't you think she'd hate him after I told her all the things he's done to me. 

"I don't know but maybe he has a good reason. He never got to explain." 

What kind of excuse was good enough? None. There was no reason for him not to put up and phone and call me. It was simple. 

"Laura, no wait." She frowned, taking in my expression. "I know that look on your face. Don't judge him just yet. Give him a chance to explain." 

Why? I was truthfully too scared to give him a chance to explain. What if I fell for it? What if it was good enough and I went back to him? Would he hurt me again? I don't believe he deserved a chance. 

"There's more isn't there." Demi was studying my face like a science project. I hated when she did that. 

"He kissed me," I confessed regrettably. 

Demi's eyes bulged out of her sockets but then she quickly recovered and smirked. Her lips curved so deep it was overpowering her face. She was loving this; like really loving this. 

"Did you kiss him back?"

I was silent and that was all she needed to get out of me. Demi squealed with excitement. Well I was glad someone could find some good out of my misery. Only she would.

"Laura! Oh gosh I can't believe it. Yes!" 

I pursed my lips. Really?

"Oh I mean. How does that make you feel?"