14. Don't Go

Chris' POV

I couldn't get her out of my head and the things she said. What did she mean to me, exactly? I couldn't hate her now could I after the way we've been connecting. It was hard to put my finger on it. I didn't hate her, well not really. 

God, I was getting a massive headache stressing over this. I got up from bed and headed downstairs. I needed to get my mind off this because I really needed to get some sleep. I went into the work out room my uncle made a few years back and sat on the bench. The weights in my hand felt like concrete as I lifted them into the air. I took deep breaths to ease the load I was working with.

Why was I stressing so much over this? It didn't matter. I'm leaving tomorrow so none of this was important. 

Now that was a lie. 

I couldn't just leave things with her the way I left them. I don't want her to feel the way she confessed she felt. I know she was probably beating herself up over me. 

I'm an ass. I'm a huge ass jerk and I know it. 

I got up and started moving around, finding other things to do to wear out my body. After intense moments of concentration I had sweat dripping down my whole body. I was sure I was going to be feeling very sore sometime later in the day. 

I got up and headed upstairs to shower. After much thought I knew there was some place I had to be. 

Laura's POV

I could barely sleep that night. I hated myself for it too because all I was thinking about was Chris stupid Compton. It was his fault I woke up with bags under my eyes and a headache to last me a lifetime. I didn't want to go to sleep thinking about him but I couldn't help it. 

He was leaving and...and I wasn't going to see him for a long, long time. 

Did it not mean anything to him? Did I not mean anything to him? I mean I know I was nothing to him in the beginning but things changed. We hated each other but now it was something more. I couldn't really call it hate anymore. I didn't know what to call it but I don't think I hated him in that sense of the word. 

I couldn't believe all that had happened to me in this short amount of time. It was crazy to even think about it. 

I blame Sarah. It was her stupid wedding that brought Chris back home. Sarah... I wanted to tell her everything that was going on because she always seemed to have a clear head about everything but I just couldn't tell her. I didn't have the time too. She was way too busy with wedding stuff to take the time and listen to my sad pathetic life crisis anyway. 

And now she was on her honeymoon, miles away from here. Man I wish I was her. She's probably by the beach, relaxing, drinking, and having a ball. 

I could seriously use a break from my life right about now. 

I rubbed the sleep away from my eyes and got out of bed before I could change my mind and hop back in. I needed to get up. I needed to go to Michael and Sarah's new apartment and feed their dog like I promised I would. How did I alway get stuck with the crappy jobs?

Their new apartment was extra quiet when I walked in. It was pretty creeky considering their little dog was a huge annoying barker. As soon as I walked into the kitchen the squeeky barks were heard across America. 

How is it that tiny dogs have the loudest voices? I took the dog's collar in my hand and dragged her outside. Once on the leash that was chained to a tree the dog went wild. Good thing they decided to go with the floor apartment with the backyard. Otherwise Feefee would not be able to do her business so freely. 

I went back inside because I could still see Feefee through the glass door. It was a little chilly out today. I ran my hands up and down my arms to cause some friction of warmth. But just then I felt massive arms wrap around me giving me the warmth I was hoping for. 

I flinched a little, ready to attack. What the heck was going on?

"I'm sorry," his gentle whisper eased my worries. 

He about gave me a heartattack. Was that what he was apologizing for? 

"For what?" 

"Everything," he confessed before placing a kiss underneath my ear and trailing down slowly. 

I felt shivers of unimaginable delight at the sense of his lips on my skin. 

"I really hate you sometimes," I said through my embarrasingly shallow breathing. 

He clawed into my hair and turned my head to face him. "I know." His lips peaked me softly. "But somehow I make up for it," he smirked. 

"Barely."

His brow went up in a challenge. As if to prove me wrong his lips came crashing down on mine. We moved in sync, like we were molded for eachother.  I was going to miss this. The feeling of being alive he always gave me when he stole a kiss from me. My heart feels like its about to burst out of my chest. I wonder if he felt that way too. 

We parted. 

"Forgive me?"

I shook my head. He wasn't getting off that easy. 

He sighed. "Laura I'm going to miss you...so much." 

I wanted to believe him but I wasn't sure. I opened my eyes to see his. 

"It's hard for me...to talk about this, to open up." He pushed back a strand of my hair that was blocking my face. "I know it's been crazy and frustrating between us but somehow, some way we connected." 

He was right. We had this strange connection. I guess we just understood each other well. 

"I won't forget this. I won't forget you." 

I wanted to believe him but I couldn't. 

"Don't go," I pleaded. 

I felt his lips devour mine in a passionate lustfulled kiss. "I have to."

He was going to forget about me. I just knew it. I could feel it. 

I dropped my head to the ground in defeat. This was how it was going to end. It ended before we even really got to start. 

"Don't. Don't do that Laura." He forced my head back up to face him. "I'm not going to forget you." 

I could feel warm tears working their way up. Oh gosh this was so stupid. Now I was going to cry. How lame was that? Stupid guys, stupid Chris. 

"Laura look at me."

He made me focuse on him and didn't speak till he had my full attention. "I will not and can not forget about you." 

I nodded and he cupped my face. "You mean more to me than I'd probably ever admit." I felt my heart leap out of my chest at his confession. 

I couldn't help it. I got on my toes and closed the gap between our lips once again. I didn't care he was leaving tomorrow, I didn't care if he was going to forget about me, because right now I had him in my arms and that's all I needed at the moment. 

We spent the rest of the day just hanging at the apartment and cooking dinner. It surprised me he wouldn't want to spend the lastnight with his family. No, instead he was with me. Maybe it was going to be okay. Maybe I was stressing for no reason. Only time would tell.
______________________________________________

Hey guys thank you so much for reading so far. I promise there is more to come.
 Friend me on Facebook if you like my work and tell your friends about me. I promise I won't disappoint. LOL
 http://www.facebook.com/lavi.bolog