2. Morning Regrets

Sorry for the wait but here's the next chapter. Enjoy

_____________________________________________

I woke up the next day around 11.Which I admit was pretty late; I seriously had no idea I was that tired. As soon as I threw my legs over the bed my phone rang. It's Sarah. I contemplated whether I should pick up because her calling at this hour meant she wanted something.

I groaned placing the phone next to my ear; already regretting answering. "What's up bridezilla?" She hadn't really shown any bridezilla diva behavior but I knew it was bound to happen eventually.

"Hey, did I just wake you? You sound groggy."

"No it's this new sultry voice I'm trying out. Is it turning you on yet?" I got up and made my way to the bathroom.

Sarah giggles were heard on the other line. "Definitely, So how was yesterday? I saw you talking to Chris. How did that go?"

Ugh, She had to mention his name and ruin my morning. "It was peaches and cream." Yeah I lied but I did through a hint of sarcasm in my voice.

"Good I'm so glad cause I have to ask you something."

I knew it. Sometimes I think it's scary how well I know my friends. "What is it goldy locks?"

"So um how much do you love me?"

Telling by her nervous voice I knew I wasn't going to like this.

"At the moment?" I put the phone on speaker so I could splash my face with water to wake me up better.

"My mother wants to go shopping to buy a dress for the wedding and I completely forgot I was supposed to take Chris to get his suit fitting."

I seriously did not like where this was going.

"I was wondering if you could possibly take him?"

"What, why me? Make Michael go it's his cousin. Or Dania, Aaron or even Clark," anyone but me, please.

"I already asked them and they're busy. Plus I don't trust anyone else with this task. You're my MOH. You know what I like and my expectations for my wedding."

This can't be happening. Was God really trying to punish me? What did I do? Maybe he wanted to test my patience or sanity. Come up with something; think, think. "I don't think I can. I have to um wash my cat today."

Damn I panicked and came up with the most stupid excuse.

"Laura, you lost your cat two weeks ago," her morbid voice was annoyed.

"Then why would you bring that up? You know how much I loved him." Maybe the sympathy card would get me out of this mess.

"Laura," she shouted into the phone.

"Okay, okay I'll do it but I won't promise to bring him back in one piece. I won't be able to hold anything in if he turns into a butt face again."

I think I heard her clapping for joy. "Yay, okay thank you. Thank you. The appointment's in an hour. So don't be late."

"Yeah yeah," I was really regretting answering the phone today.

"Laura, play nice. We need a best man at the wedding."

Yeah he definitely fit the title. Not.

A few minutes late I pulled up in front of Chris' grandparents' house. He was staying with them while he was visiting. How cute. I heard he was really close to them. Lucky him I only have one grandfather living now and he moved away to get married again after less than a year after my grandmother was buried.