25. Our Love Story

Hope you guys have liked the journey. I just want to thank everyone who had inspired me to write this story and base some of my characters off of you. Thank you Becky, Debbie, Diana, and all you other people that don't even know I used you in this story. LOL 

Please vote and once again thank you followers for all the love and support.
___________________________________________

Laura's POV

I felt like I had a hammer ramming nails into my heart and brain. My thoughts and emotions were splattered all over the place.

Chris loved me. Chris freakin Compton loved me.

I couldn't believe I heard those words out of his mouth. I didn't know how badly I yearned to hear him say it till he finally did.

He loved me.  But could I really love him back. Could I love him enough to spend the rest of my life with him?  Did I love him enough to throw away everything I had with Will?

"Laura are you alright? You hardly touched your food." Will asked me from across the table. We decided to have dinner together for new year’s eve.

"Yes, fine. Just thinking." And mentally digging my grave.

"About?"

Bad question to ask. "My future."

"You mean our future," he corrected with a smile.

Our future? Did that sound right? I couldn't tell anymore. Or was it Chris and I's future? 

Will leaned in and took my shaky hand in his. I didn't even know I was shaking.

"Laura, everything's going to be ok."

I nodded, knowing very well it wasn't.

He stared down at his watch. "We should be going soon."

Going? "Going where?"

"I promised my mother we would stop by. She's been going crazy since I told her the good news."

Good news? "About the proposal?"

"Yes about the engagement. She was so excited." He pushed his plate away.

I don't remember saying yes. "I haven't even given you my answer."

His hazel eyes challenged me. "Is there any reason for you to refuse?"

When I didn't say anything, he got up. I spaced out and completely blocked him out for a few seconds.

Love. Love was not being able to live or breathe without that person. Love was difficult yet easy at the same time. Love was having your thoughts consumed and controlled by that person. Love was giving that person all you had knowing they could break you. It's taking a chance.

Love was sacrificing everything, even your life for that person.

The more I thought of my future I felt suffocation when I didn't picture Chris in it. It was hard to breathe without him in my life. And that's when I let myself indulge. I could see it.

Ten years from now I'm in Chris arms. I see kids, happiness, Love. That's what I wanted. I've always wanted it, him.

"Laura!" Will's strict voice woke me from my wonderful daydream.

"I can't marry you," the words spilled out.

His brows furrowed together. "What do you mean?"

"My answer to your proposal is no."