12. It's Too Late

Sorry it took so long. Hope you enjoy. 

Laura's POV

I woke up in my own bed the next day and when I checked my phone I had 20 missed calls. The bridal party was supposed to all sleep over Sarah's house last night. I honestly just wanted to be alone not to mention I was a little angry at Dania. I knew she wasn't filled in on the whole story about me and Ben but still. It didn't give her the right to but in. 

I threw on some sweats and headed downstairs as quickly as I could. It was 5 in the morning so I wasn't going to be late but I was sure Sarah was going to be mad or disappointed about my absence. Surprisingly I found my mom already up and making coffee.

I guess those were the few perks about living with your parents. "Mom what are you doing up?"

She shrugged her shoulders and handed me a cup of coffee. "I just couldn't sleep."

Man, did I know the feeling. 

"Um honey why was Chris over yesterday?"

I stopped adding sugar to my cup and stared into her brown eyes that were the replica of mine. 

"He was dropping something off that I forgot to take home with me." 

She nodded into her cup before taking a sip. I think she bought it. I was actually a pretty good liar. 

"Well ok honey. You should be going. Sarah called the home phone like 10 times asking for you." 

That was the best thing about my mom, she always had my back. If it looked like I needed a few extra hours of sleep, she'd totally cover for me. 

"I'll see you at the wedding." 

I rushed out and drove to Sarah's in a matter of minutes. She didn't live far at all and if it wasn't for the fact that she had my dress I probably would have just met them at the church. 

Dania was the one to open the door. Just my luck. She looked pissed but I didn't even care. I walked right passed her like she wasn't even there. 

"Excuse you. Where have you been?"

I didn't answer and I could hear her footsteps close behind me. 

"Laura I asked you a question. We were all worried about you yesterday. You didn't show up." 

Now she cared. I still didn't answer her. 

"Laura Gale Brown," she used a deep motherly voice on me while pronouncing my full name. Really? She was going to go there. 

"Just drop it Dania. I'm here now." 

"No," she went in front of me to stop me from going into the other room. "What the heck happened to you? You disappeared right after-"

"You made me walk down with Ben," I finished off for her. 

"Yes," she huffed while crossing her arms over her chest. 

She was unbelievable. "Dania I don't know what kind of plan you're forming in your head but you need to stop it." 

"I don't know what you're talking about."

I threw my hands in the air with a sigh. "Like hell you don't. Dania just stop. Me and Ben are done, through. There is nothing left between us." 

"I don't believe that. You guys were perfect for each other."

I could feel my pulse quicken and blood heat up. Should I tell her? I wanted to tell someone the truth. Just then Demi walked in, concerned. 

"You want to know why Dania? You want to know why I broke up with him and why it will never work out between us?"