A Father, a Mother, a Child, but not a Family

A/n:
'this is thoughts'
"And this is for verbal conversation"

_________________________

Libertia's pov

I got an invitation from Claude once again, but this time Rai too is invited. Which leads to the problem at hand, how should I tell Rai? I stood up from my chair and head out of my office to look for my son.

While looking for him my mind wandered to what we were talking about, more specifically the fact that Claude had Eros as a means for a heir... I'm sure Rai thought of that possibility already since he's smart, too smart for his own good. I'm sure he's suspicious about me hiding something from him too, since I too had Rai for a reason I shook my head to clear out my thoughts and continued to look for my son.

I was walking in the garden near the river, there I found my son surrounded with books, looking straight at the river with an empty faraway look. It would have been a beautiful sight if it wasn't for the empty look an my son's face.

'why do you have such a sad face?'

"Rai?" I called out softly when he turned around the look that I saw before I called him completely vanished.

"Yes mama?" He asked softly

"I have something to tell you"

"What is it mama?"He asked again

"Have you ever thought of the reason why your papa and I had you?"

I looked at him observing his expressions, he flinched subtly, before looking back at the river.

"I have"

My eyes widened at the response.

"I see"
"What if mama had you too for a reason, and that reason will cause suffering to you, and happiness for me?"

He continued looking at the river, before answering a few seconds later.

"I thought of that possibility too"
He said voice very weak and shaky.

"With the conclusion that father had me for a reason and not because you love each other I thought that just in case, just in case mama too had a reason separate from father's, I'd consider this hypothesis, I should consider it to spare myself from the pain of believing the illusion of a perfect family everyone thinks we are, even if it's just a little bit, I considered that hypothesis to spare myself from the pain of knowing the truth"
He explained now looking down clenching the blanket he's sitting on.

I looked at him sadly, but I at least want to tell him that the love I'm giving him, and the time we spent together isn't a lie or an illusion, so I spoke.

"Rai,look at me please"
I pleaded him, he looked at me with his now usual poker face which made my heart clench, I gritted my teeth before continuing.

"I.. mama may have had you for a reason but that doesn't mean that the time we spent together, and the love I'm giving you is a lie."
"Mama really loves Rai, so much. It's the truth, I really do, so until the day that the reason I had you arrive... I promise I'll continue loving Rai okay?"
He looked confused about something but decided to shook it of, before clenching the blanket nodding.