Chapter Twelve

When I came home from the kidnapping, everyone was glad that I was home safe but angry over the fact that I was hurt, malnourished, and dehydrated. I was sent back onto bedrest, which I didn't car about. The kitten was always by myside, purring and rubbing against me. Even though I mourned Warrior's death, I honored him by taking care of his successor. I knew he chose her for a reason, and I was going to do everything I could to follow his last wish.

I named her Wren, and she seemed to like the name. I sigh as the doctors come in, injecting blood into my I.V. to feed me. I was given a mixture of raw meat, human foods, and blood to keep me strong and fed. I had a long recovery ahead of me.

"Queen, would you like anything? Water? Another pillow? Blanket?" One of the nurses asks me, I smile at her tiredly.

"No thank you, but would you mind maybe getting Fleet for me? I... I wanted to tell him something." I whisper hoarsely, she nods quickly but still makes me drink the stupid water. I sigh as she bustles out, resting my eyes as Wren stumbles up onto my chest and curls up there. A blow of air hits my face, letting me know my mate's arrival.

"Yes, Little Moon?" He asks, smiling at me as he sits on the bed next to my legs. I smile softly at him, lifting my arms over to him. He chuckles, leaning over to hug and kiss me.

"You know, before everything happened I was going to ask you to mark me." I murmur, he stills.

"And I've given it a lot of thought, and I forgive you. I... I want you to mark me Fleet and I'm tired of waiting. I want you and only you. I want to grow old together, have kids, go on silly and spontaneous vacations, spoil our kids and each other, plan our wedding, and so much more! I want to experience everything with you, so please... Will you mark me?" I ask him, looking at him with wide begging eyes.

He stares at me in shock, but slowly his frozen form thaws. "Love, I would love to. Trust me, Darling. I would say yes, but you need to heal and be in perfect health." He replies, I gawk.

"What? Fleet, please! I'm begging you, I'm tired of feeling this pain every time you walk into the room with me and this longing I feel the second you're even two feet away from me." I beg, tears gathering into my eyes. Golden hues wide in alarm, he jumps forward closer to me.

"Baby, please don't cry. I... I want you to be completely healthy because I don't want anything bad to happen. The second the doctors give you a clean bill of health, I'll take you far away from here and mark you as mine." He promises, I look at him tearfully.

"Really?" I sniffle, he nods.

"Really." He assures, I sit up quickly and throws my arms around him.

"You're the best! I love you so so so much!" I squeal, Practically in his lap at this point. He smiles widely, holding me close to him.

"I love you too, my Little Moon." Fleet kisses me sweetly, leaning back to kiss the tip of nose then my forehead and once again the tip of my nose before hugging me and pressing a kiss to the crook of my neck. "More than you could ever know." He whispers against my skin, resting his head on my shoulder and pulling a blanket over us.

"Now rest so you can get healthy faster." He beams at me, I giggle and close my eyes as I snuggle against him.

________________________________________________________________________________

This is just a quick chapter, but I'll try to have a good chapter by the end of the week. I hope you've had a wonderful few weeks! Thank you for reading the chapter!

xoxo

Adelaide