BONUS CHAPTER #1

Tanya's POV

"Hurry up old man! I want to get to the beach!" I hollered over my shoulder, racing freely past our citizens and towards the sparkling blue waters. People laughed at my display as Fleet chased after me at a leisurely human pace, our guards watching around worriedly to make sure no news crews were around.

I giggle as I jump into the water, splashing into the deep waters. A sense of calmness washes over me, a perfect mix of cold and warm as I swim back to the surface. My eyes find Fleets as he tousles his black hair, golden eyes watching me with amusement. "You're still such a child." He chuckles, I stick my tongue out at him and unleash my glorious wings. I flap up into the sky, landing beside him safely.

"I'm not a child, old man." I giggle, slapping his arm as he wraps them around my waist and pulls me close.

"You're not, but you sure are my gorgeous mate." He kisses me tenderly, nuzzling the side of my neck gently. Flushing in embarrassment, I slap his bare chest as his body shakes with silent laughter.

"You just love making me embarrassed." I huff, looking up at him through my lashes. His full lips were set in a huge grin, amusement twinkling in his golden eyes and his black hair tousled from the wind.

"Maybe." He teases, chuckling at my pout. He picks me up by my waist, slinging me onto his shoulder with a restricting hand on my back so I couldn't unfurl my wings.

"Put me down right now mister!" I squeal, kicking and punching but it does nothing as he gets closer to the blue waters. Tossing me into the water, I sink down into the deep water. I jump straight for the surface, sputtering out coughs as he stays on the pale sandy beach dry and laughing at my coughing self.

"Murderer!" I scream, jumping out of the water to get my revenge. He bolts, laughing the entire way as I chase him up and down the beach with grins on our faces and laughter reaching the ears of passersby watching their Queen and King in amusement.