7 | bubblegum bitch

this chapter is less romance and more dan and kurt's relationship and the struggles of kurt having a sister who had more in common with their father as well as finn

All chatter in the choir room ceased as Puck walked in the room. He said nothing initially, walking straight to his seat.

Dan's eyes were wide and glued to his head — his mohawk-less head.

"What the fuck?" she whispered under her breath. She couldn't remember the last time she had seen Puckerman without a mohawk.

No one had the guts to ask him about it throughout the morning rehearsal, but Dan and Santana had teamed up and held him back, demanding answers. 

"My mom found a mole on my head when she was washing my hair on Friday," he told them, a glum look on his face.

"Your mom still washes your hair?" Santana asked in disbelief. Dan didn't bother to hide her smirk, already knowing that Puck wasn't nearly as badass as he lets the girls believe.

"She started crying about sunblock and how she's always telling me to wear a hat when I'm cleaning pools. So she made me go see Dr. Friedlander, the dermatologist. He said he had to shave my head to get a closer look at it," he explained. "It was nothing! They maimed me over a freaking freckle. I feel like that guy that lost all his hair, then lost all his strength."

"Samson?" Santana asked.

"The tennis player?" Dan asked.

"Yeah, Agassi," Puck said, nodding to Dan, who smiled. "This morning, people actually had the balls to look me in the eye. I mean, it's just a mohawk, right? I'm still Puckasaurus."

"Actually, I don't know if it's the missing mohawk or the whining, but I am totally not turned on by you right now."

Santana then stood and walked away, an unimpressed look on her face. Dan stayed and sighed heavily, leaning her head on Puck's shoulder.

"It'll grow back, Puckasaurus."

"Will it, though?"

"That's literally how hair works, dumbass."

☆︎

Evidently, Rachel — likely driven by Dan's threats and intimidation — took it upon herself to bug the choir room and listen in to find out who was really singing and who wasn't. Then she proceeded to give Mr. Schuester a compiled list of names.

"I am very disappointed in you guys," Will said, narrowing his eyes at them.

"I can't believe you narced on us," Finn muttered to Rachel.

"Don't get mad at me for exposing your laziness. I'm tired of carrying all of your weight. Regionals is in a month, guys."

"Don't see why you're so passionate. Dan's the one that's singing a duet with your Romeo," Santana told her, a pleased smirk on her face.