8 | let me down

enjoy my cringe attempt at editing a gif that also clearly insinuates what happens in this chapter lol

also, it's a spicy scene, but not super spicy just because i know the age of at least one of you and i cannot in good conscious write it now that you've gone and told me your age so sorry

also, it's a ✨spicy✨ scene, but not super spicy just because i know the age of at least one of you and i cannot in good conscious write it now that you've gone and told me your age so sorry

Dan sat with her feet in Puck's lap and her head on Quinn's shoulder as glee rehearsal began. Except they weren't rehearsing. Mr. Schuester had brought some man along to speak to them.

"Okay, guys, listen up. This is Mr. Ryan. He's a member of the school board, and he would like to say a few words," Will told them, sounding less than pleased. "I - I just want you guys to listen critically and know that what he's saying is just one of many opinions."

"Take out a piece of paper," Mr. Ryan instructed. Dan rolled her eyes before doing so. "And on that paper, I want you to write down your biggest dream. A dream that means so much, you're afraid to admit it even to yourself."

"Is this some kind of lame, shoot for the moon because even if you miss, you'll land amongst the stars bullshit?" Dan asked, raising an eyebrow. She didn't even bother to write something down while Rachel was writing "huge star" and Puck was scribbling down "3some."

Mr. Ryan simply smirked at her. Then he walked over to Artie and grabbed his paper, crumbling it up before tossing it in the trash. Everyone looked at him in disbelief, not believing that he had done that.

"Your dream is never going to happen. Ninety-one percent of you will spend your entire lives living in Allen County, Ohio. So unless you wrote down that your dream was to "work for a mid-market health insurance provider" or "find an entry-level job in an elderly care facility," you're going to be very disappointed."

"This is really depressing," Mercedes whispered.

"I'm going to guess that a lot of your dreams involve "showbiz." Well, let me tell you. Showbiz dreams are the most unrealistic of them all," he informed them.

"But... that's what I want to do with my life," Tina mumbled, tears coming to her eyes.

"Oh, look, I'm not trying to hurt your feelings, I'm just trying to spare you disappointment," Mr. Ryan said in a fake sympathetic tone.