Chapter Fourty-Seven

A/N: *distant laughter and an eye twitch* this took my seven solid hours to write and edit but I did it.
(and holy god how is this at 409k? kisses for everyone xxxx)

47.

{Genesis' P.O.V.}

"Now that wasn't so bad, was it?" I came over to Dylan in the front room, carrying two mugs of tea.

Dylan looked up was I walked over to him, immediately putting away his phone while rubbing his jaw with his palm. He smiled lightly, sitting in the armchair by the sofa. "I guess not. Your mom's great."

"I told you it wouldn't be as scary as you thought." I set down the teas on the glass top table and sat on the arm of the ancient fabric chair we'd gotten from my father's parents.

Dylan moved one of his arms back, letting it rest on my waist. "No, it was definitely scary." He grinned halfly, rubbing my back lightly. "I'm kidding. It was fine, really. She's amazing. I see where you get it from."

"Oh, please." I pushed away his compliment but felt a light blush from it. "Are you tired or do you want to go for a walk?"

"I would love a walk." Dylan fluttered his eyelashes at me, his chin tilted as he had to look up at me.

"Good, our tea should be an American level of drinkable by the time we get back." I said, getting up from the armchair and tugging him up off of his spot.

"Always with the America versus England thing, huh?"

"Well, you know a select clientele call me England due to my vast levels of patriotic love for the country I was raised in." I wrapped my arms around his torso, resting my chin on his chest with my eyes up on him.

"Pretty sure it was for your accent." Dylan has his arms encircling me but hesitated. He furrowed his eyebrows, "Select clientele? Where the hell did that come from?"

I shrugged, laughing into his chest. "I don't know."

"How about that stroll so you can walk off that shame of the weirdest come back i've ever heard."

"Oh shut it." I grumbled, grabbing a Jack Wills jumper from the back of a stray rocking chair. "It's a bit nippy so you might want something."

"Yeah, just give me a second." Dylan kissed my forehead, leaving the front room and going for his guest bedroom upstairs.

Almost as soon as Dylan left, Mum showed up in plaid bottoms and a dressing robe wrapped around her. She smiled at me, passing through to take her empty mug to the kitchen. "Going out?"

I followed her into the kitchen, adjusting the strings of my gray jumper with maroon lettering on the back. "Just for a short walk around the neighbourhood. We won't be long. Are you going to bed?"

Mum hesitated to respond to me, noticing that it was the most i'd said to her all day. "I was going to read a bit but then, yes I'll be going off. Remember your keys and be safe."

"Don't worry." I tried to subside the conversation, glancing over my shoulder. I turned back when I found her hand on my arm. "Mum?"

"I like him, darling. I like him a lot." She was smiling, more than she had in a while. "I think he's good for you. He suits you well."

"Thanks, Mum." I softly replied, about to back out but she wouldn't let me, and I knew exactly what she was about to say. "Please, don't. I already know it's not fair." I waited until she nodded and I walked out of the room in silence.