Chapter Twenty-Two

A/N: Any one up for a Denesis chapter? Xx -Mel

22.

{Genesis' P.O.V.}

I opened my dorm door with my suitcase to the left of my leg. "Oh." My expression fell. I wasn't expecting to be getting an 'flight buddy'. "Hey Daniel."

"Don't look so happy to see me, Genesis." Daniel said sarcastically, picking up my case for me. "Are you ready? We need to get to the airport."

I retrieved my leather shoulder bag and took both my charger and mobile from my desk. "I can handle a flight to Georgia, I flew from Heathrow by myself before." Sliding my laptop into my bag, I snatched Call Of The Wild and dropped it in among my carry on things.

"Well I'm already flying so it's not a big deal." Daniel shrugged, waiting for me in the corridor. He poked his head in, glancing around the room. Furrowing his eyebrows at the broken Beats pill on Elizabeth's desk. "What happened there? How is it literally cracked in half?"

"She was...distracting me while I was trying to finish an assignment." I plaited my hair to the side and shimmied on a teal pea coat. "She'll be back from debate in an hour, so we should go."

"Alright." Daniel stepped out of the way for me, "There's a car waiting outside."

I locked the dorm up after turning off the lights, only leaving a brief note on her bed to Elizabeth telling her i'd be gone for the weekend. Worried she might follow me, I didn't bother telling her where I was going. Stalking me out to Georgia seems like something she would do.

"Did you use that signed cricket ball?" Daniel asked, waiting until we got near the lift to say anything.

I rubbed the back of my neck, looking around awkwardly. "There's a good chance."

Daniel shook his head, smiling lightly as the lift took us down a few floors. "For eleven, you had a wicked curve."

I bit back a laugh, "You shouldn't've interrupted me reading."

"You were hanging upside down from the monkey bars, Gen! You were getting all red in the face." Daniel defended, laughing as he spoke.

"You don't just interrupt someone ready The Great Gatsby." I said pointedly, trying not to grin but I helplessly couldn't.

"An eleven year old shouldn't be reading Gatsby. That's the whole point." Daniel handed my suitcase to the cabbie in nearly all black. Opening a door, he ushered me in. "You were always reading, or writing."

"Can't say that's changed." I replied before thanking him as I climbed into the van.

"Do you still have to be shut off from everything to work?" Daniel asked, his backpack on his lap.

I nodded, "Still, yeah." Pulling out my mobile, I sent Dylan a quick text to tell him I was on my way to the airport. I glanced up to the driver, catching him quickly look away from Daniel and I in the mirror.

"So it's only a five hour flight and Dylan will be there waiting." Daniel glanced over to me, noticing my uneasiness. "You okay, Gen?"

"I'm fine, Dan." I answered quietly, looking at my finger nail polish as I chipped it away. "I'm just hoping I won't be a bother at the studio."

Daniel rolled his blue eyes, "Right, because that'll happen." He looked out his window as the van pulled to a stop outside of the LAX airport. "Here we are." He slid on a pair of sunglasses before handing me a set of raybans.

"How Hollywood cliche, Mr. Sharman." I said sarcastically as we climbed out, both armed with sunglasses and bags.

"Well I have to make up for not treating you like this for the past few years," Daniel huffed lightly. "But really, Gen-." He watched as I glanced back to the driver peering out the window at us. "Gen, what's wrong?"