Chapter Fourty

A/N: Looks like we made it to chapter 40! I find it amusing that I am literally a year behind because the Halloween about to happen is last year's. Aren't I just amazing at updating? Love you guys for 263k! xxx -Melissa

40.

{Genesis' P.O.V.}

"Question." Dylan said, waiting next to me as the dry ice billowed smoke out of a plastic cauldron.

"I may have an answer." I said, glancing over and seeing Ellen give us the signal.

Our DJ pumped up the music, a playlist of my own creation filling the room.

Dylan came around the table, knowing I wouldn't be able to hear him with the intensity of the bass. "How do you know how to tie one of these so well?" He asked, the red and gold tie done perfectly. He honestly looked like a Hogwarts student, done in an exact replica of my rival house's uniform.

"Do you not have any clue how to do one?" I lifted an eyebrow, questioning how long it would be until the security started letting people inside. It would be soon.

"Clip ons."

I rolled my eyes, "I couldn't have a clip on. They were against uniform regulation."

"Ahh," Dylan laughed, a grin sticking to his lips. "School uniforms for little Genesis."

I groaned, starting to walk away from him, my cloak swishing behind me.

"That little turn of yours would've looked cooler if you didn't have on a wizarding cape." Dylan commented loudly, Panic! at the Disco bumping around the walls of the haunted looking night club.

"It's called a cloak, and you have one on too." I flipped him off as I walked away, noticing the door opening.

Seana and Tyler were the first in door, both matching in their vampire costumes.

"Good to see you, Gen!" Tyler was wearing a vintage Dracula costume with his face painted white. He held out his arms, hugging me. "Hey, so this is Seana, my fiance."

Seana was incredibly pretty, dressed a lot like Tyler but naturally pale enough to pull off her vampire look. She smiled, fangs that looked so real on her teeth. "It's nice to meet you Genesis."

"Just call me Gen." I hugged Seana a little less comfortably than I did Tyler. "And it's nice to meet you too. I've heard Tyler talk about you a lot."

"Then I'm definitely worried if that's the case." Seana laughed, Tyler rolling his eyes and kissing her temple.

Tyler looked around the club, "This place looks amazing." He nodded respectfully, "People always complain about how impossible it is to host the cast party, but this looks really great."

"Thinking about it, it was actually pretty stressful." Dylan glanced to me, "But it paid off I have to say."

"Definitely." I agreed, spotting Ellen waving me over. "I'll be right back." Walking away from the three of them, I moved over to the blonde who owned the club willingly hosting us. "Is anything wrong?"

"As much as I love getting the name of my joint out there, there's a lot of paps and your friends just barely started to get here." Ellen said, the door opening and a mumble of voices reaching me through the booming music. "Don't you guys usually wait until during the party to talk about where you are on your social media?"

"Honestly, I wouldn't know, but, um, I don't think it was one of us who gave us up." I gave Ellen a convincing pat. "It'll be fine, I trust your guys."