Chapter 37

© Sweetslover8 2015. It is illegal to copy and/or steal.

~Uploaded May 25th, 2015

"Could you mix the eggs into the batter please, Dani?"

"Sure thing, Sky."

Yes, that's right, I was actually making breakfast. At six am. Without so much as a drop of coffee. I have no clue how I'm on my feet right now.

"Daniiiii", a voice rang out. I narrowly dodged Hannah on the way to the sink. She rubbed her eyes sleepily while holding a giant Dalmatian plushie. I lowered myself to her level.

"Good morning, sunshine. Do you know what today is?" Hannah shook her head no. "Think about it. Why is your whole family staying here? I know the answer's in that little noggin somewhere." I tapped her forehead gently, and she giggled.

"Um..." She scrunched up her face in concentration. "Because it's Christmas?"

"There's that smart girl. Yes, it is, so Merry Christmas, Hannah. Do you want to help make breakfast? We could use an extra pair of hands."

Her eyes widened immediately."I want to help! I love making breakfast!" She set her Dalmatian toy on a chair and went to wash her hands at the sink.

As the sun slowly rose into the sky, more and more people started to come down to help with breakfast or for coffee then the TV. We had three people working on the pancakes and waffles, two more at the stove, and another three on the fruit salad.

"Good morning everyone!" Andie came into the kitchen as bright and cheerful as always. "Merry Christmas!"

"Merry Christmas!", everyone replied.

"So, Dani." Andie sidled up to me as I was cutting fruit. She popped an apple slice into her mouth. "I heard something interesting from a little bird."

"Mm hmm?" I started cutting up the strawberries.

"Something about what you and Dylan were doing?"

I felt my neck warm. "You're going to have to be more specific. We spend a lot of time doing "somethings". We are friends after all."

Andie rolled her eyes. "Well apparently, you two were doing something above the PG-13 rating?", she inquired in a lower tone.

"I wouldn't call a kiss PG-13."

"Aha! I knew it!" Her exclamation made me jump and I narrowly avoided cutting my finger off. "I can't believe it."

"You're not mad, are you?" I set the knife down and transferred the cut fruit to a giant bowl.

"Of course I'm not mad! Well, I am a little since I totally lost the bet, but that's not the important thing."

"Wait, what-"

"It's about time! I mean, really, watching you two was like a teen drama movie. And now you're together and-"

"Whoa there." I covered her mouth with my hand until she stopped talking, then I removed it. "We aren't "together", as you put it."

Her jaw dropped in disbelief. "What? But I thought-"

"Look, it was just a kiss. He didn't exactly go proclaiming his love, nor I mine." It's not like I was in love him anyways.

"But, he at least told you he likes you, right?" I shook my head. Andie looked like she was about to blow her top. "That little-"

"Andie, it was just a kiss,", I insisted. "I know you're a romantic at heart, but I'm not. So please don't make a big deal out of it."

"But, won't it be awkward now between you two?"