Chapter 5

© Sweetslover8 2013. It is illegal to copy and/or steal.

~Uploaded September 18th, 2013

Now that I was on the run again, I had to redo my entire ID. That was going to be fun. I got to be a whole new person. Names bounced around in my head. I've been Amelia Hart, Tara Poole, Mikäela Vaccaro, Sage Oliver, Isla Meritt, Jackie Rose, Katherine Barrett and Corey Jackson. And now?

Several name ideas went through my head, but none of them were satisfactory to me at the moment. Florence was too girly, Helena just didn't suit me, and Elizabeth? Do I look like a queen of England to you? Well I could if I wanted to, but I didn't. I was happy with my usual look, with my hair naturally straight, no makeup on except for a bit of foundation and comfortable clothes.

I went back to finding a new name. One finally popped into my head, but I was about as unsure about it as you can get. Dani, a variant and shorter form of Danielle. I liked it, but it was too close to my real name. My birth name. I decided to come back to the first name later. I focused on my last name for now. I had chosen previous last names from either inspirational teachers or people, or past "crushes", or famous now-dead celebrities. I finally settled on Wilde. It was Tania's last name, and out of the three girls, I had always considered her the closest I had to a friend.

Stop thinking about them!, I scolded myself. You have to move on.

And so, after several more minutes of debating with my stupid inner voice, I decided my new name. I picked up my cell phone and dialed Z's number. Remember the hacker I told you about? That's him. Not only did he help set up security on my bank account, but he also made all of my ID's. I paid him a couple thousand dollars each time and he was glad to help me out and keep his mouth shut. The phone rang three times before being picked up.

"Hello?", a deep but heavily panting voice answered. "Who is this?"

"Felicity Greene", I said, our password to let him know it's me.

"Storm!", Z said immediately. I smiled at his nickname for me, due to my gray eyes, which he said were "grayer than a thunderstorm". Plus, it's simpler then constantly calling me different names. "What's up?"

"Z, do you need to ask? And why are you panting? It's 11 am. Are you getting laid again? Did I interrupt something?" Yes, I could be very blunt when I wanted to be.

"What? Of course not! I just-"

"Z, you're a terrible liar. How on earth do you stay hidden so well?"

"Did you call me to ask for advice concerning staying hidden, or is there something more important then that that you need to tell me about?"

"Whatever. Your sex life aside, I need a new ID."

"Already? Didn't you ask me to make you one like, 2 months ago?" I rolled my eyes.

"No", I said impatiently. "It was 7 months and-"

"7 months? Holy shit. New record, isn't it? So why do you need another ID?"

"Because a hobo told me they were there. In Springfield."

"Wait, you're going to listen to a hobo about national security? I might as well take fashion advice from my dog."

"Z, you don't have a dog. And even if you did, that would explain how you dress."

"Hey! Remember who makes all your fake ID's!"

"Remember who pays you $2000 every time", I bargained back as I switched into the left lane on the interstate. "Just make me a new ID."